PDA

View Full Version : transmission problem

n240sx
01-31-2004, 10:57 PM
i decided to burnout and everything went fine at first. revved the engine, dumped the clutch and spun through second. but when i stepped on the clutch to put it in third, then clutch pedal stayed on the floor and it wouldn't let me put it in that gear so i put it in fourth instead. i drove along in fourth to get home until i came up to my turn. so i downshift into second (it actually lets me in this gear) to make the turn and try to shift into third again and it lets me. in fact it acted like normal again. the clutch pedal came back up and everything seemed to be fine except that the clutch pedal became much easier to press and the shifter shifted more smoothly than before. now, about a week later, the transmission seems to be working fine, but i am still wondering why the clutch pedal didn't come back up before. anyone know what it could be?
Thanks

Flybert
02-01-2004, 01:15 AM
Check your clutch cylinders and bleed your lines. Should fix whatever problem you had.

matlock
02-01-2004, 01:37 AM
Yeah bleed the lines, this is somewhat similar to the problem I had, and bleeding fixed it.

twitchy
02-01-2004, 03:04 AM
dont drive like a 16 year old kid!!!!! lol

yeah thats weird