PDA

View Full Version : Funny Hesitation Question

twitchy
01-31-2004, 03:04 PM
I held off posting this thread till I was sure i searched everything I could but I couldnt find anything specific to this particular problem

My car hesitates under moderate throttle (almost no throttle) and when you hit the gas the power "snaps" back on till you let off again. Happens under higher load (i think) since it rarely does it off the line or in gears 1 through 3. It doesnt do it constantly but very often. Its especially noticeable around 60 miles per hour with the cruise control on. It just seems to suddenly loose power and then regain it back when you press the gas again and if you dont it just kind of sputters along.

My plugs are clean, fuel filter is newer fuel pump is good and i cant imagine what would cause this--> other than what I think is a slightly damaged plug wire. Thing is that Im not convinced its necessarily the engine causing this power loss although im about 90 percent sure thats what it is. What about a clogged injector?

Anyone have any ideas?

twitchy
02-01-2004, 03:10 AM
hmmm didnt think so

Var
02-01-2004, 03:17 AM
I'd check the throttle position sensor first if you know how. If not go to a junkyard and swap it and see if it goes away.

twitchy
02-01-2004, 11:04 AM
hmmmm.....I dont know how to check it but i know theres a thread in here somewhere on how to...

im going to put some fuel injector cleaner in it too