PDA

View Full Version : Did any convertables come manual?

J_Spec
01-31-2004, 09:58 AM
I'd love to make a rb powered drop-top silvia and drift the thing too muhahaha. My s14 has a sunroof but that just don't cut it in the summer. thnx in advance.

peaCe,
Jesse

thelinja
01-31-2004, 10:13 AM
No verts were manual. And how exactly to you "make" a silvia?

s0ldats
01-31-2004, 10:50 AM
use your head. i'm assuming he wanted to put a silvia front end on it.

HiPSI
01-31-2004, 10:52 AM
I'd love to make a rb powered drop-top silvia and drift the thing too muhahaha. My s14 has a sunroof but that just don't cut it in the summer. thnx in advance.

peaCe,
Jesse

if you're doing an rb swap then it doesn't really matter if they came with a manual trans :fruit: it only adds a few hours more work to swap auto to manual :newbie:

J_Spec
01-31-2004, 12:48 PM
true. forgot about that hehe. I was a little high.

KiDyNomiTe
01-31-2004, 12:51 PM
Dont forget to do something with the sensor or whatver it is that only allows you to close the roof when its in park.

Is this a hey I'd love to do it but when in reality you are never going to?

I am suprised I have yet to see anyone in the US make a nice vert (but I'm sure they are out there).

s0ldats
02-01-2004, 12:44 AM
i've seen a few in socal (outside only, never peeked at engine)

J_Spec
02-01-2004, 09:17 PM
I really want to but verts are like 5gs. So i think i will wait till it gets cheaper.

peaCe,
Jesse

kendot240
02-01-2004, 09:26 PM
Heavythrottle put a sr in a convertable.... Just thought I'd let you guys know

GoKu
02-02-2004, 04:01 PM
Ive seen a Conv. around my area ,I always see it at nights so I can never glimpse at the kit that it has on it ...but its looks pretty sharpe expect the TEG tail lights mold on the back ...its a dark color in Broward FL area ... I gotta see if I can this guy the next time I see him.

A conv would be nice with a S14 or s15 conversation, something differnt ..

INeedNewTires
02-04-2004, 04:40 AM
Actually my friend had a red convertable that was a 5 speed. Im 99% sure he bought it like that b/c i know his dad was the origional owner and he wasnt really into cars so he wouldnt care about swapping a 5sp into it and goin through all that. I dont know what nissan says about this, maby someone should look that up; but my friend definately had an all stock, 5sp convert.

misnomer
02-04-2004, 03:17 PM
Hmm, I'd believe it when I see it. Everything I have read (old sales brochures, tech sheets) indicate that the 5spd was not an option on the convertibles.

andrave
02-04-2004, 04:55 PM
nissan themselves say that no verts were autos. Now... that doesn't mean anything, I guess. since cars like that have a way of appearing. but you just never know, maybe someone did a 5 spd conversion on it a long time ago. I've seen my share of cars that didn't exist. I have seen left hand drive skylines, twin turbo 300zx convertibles, and both of those "don't exist" but someone ended up with em anyway. A 5 speed 240sx convertible? its a relatively easy swap, its not unbelievable that it might have been a customer request performed by a dealer...