PDA

View Full Version : Too much rear brake bias?

TonyC
01-31-2004, 02:15 AM
Ok so I just changed my rear brakes yesterday because they were squealing very loud when moving. They were low and needed fresh ones. Well, I took a peek at my front brakes and they have approx. 75% left. The problem was that I changed all the pads at the same time when I first got the car back in March '03. Front are OEM Nissan while backs are el cheapo Autozone. Calipers and rotors are stock. Pedal feel is good. After the install, I did a panic stop and the rears locked up but the fronts didn't. I thought the brake bias should be more towards the front no? How can I fix this? Rebleed the entire system? I'm going to do a Z32 brake upgrade soon and if too much bias is towards the rear, I don't see why I should do it.

mastaflash05
01-31-2004, 09:29 AM
the pads could have worn differently if they were made from different materials. if the rear pads you put on were organic instead of semi-metalic, then they would have worn faster. your front brakes may not have locked up because the weight transfers to the front, andthe front brakes have to do more work.

blackconvertible
02-01-2004, 01:55 AM
those cheapo pads suck. i found that out the hard way also. by the expensive pads and they will much better.