PDA

View Full Version : Ka24de drivetrain help

zenki 95
04-10-2012, 04:38 PM
I have searched and searched on this and other forums for answers or clues and ideas of things that could help me in my situation, who would anybody recommend for the member with the most experience and knowledge about my ka24de 94 s14. Yes 1994! Appreciate any any help.*
Even if I'm told to F, off at least it was read.

1.Coolant U line between intake manifold failed
2. Recap on the way to stop, it just turned itself off so I put it in 2nd to start it up. It worked but!
3.i parked it and it died again clutch felt horrible I think I heard it scratching. Oh well it's over heated, bad tranny, bad clutch probably and I'm pissed!
4.U line sprayed steam and lost all the fluid I checked the coolant container and of course empty.
5.water and coolant was added again to hot motor from radiator after it cooled a bit. "3degree burns no thanks"*(was actually added hours before, filled up for sure 100% )
6.it steamed it up but still contained a good amount.
5. I let it cool down more noticing that oil seemed out close to the distributor from the valve cover gasket and the spark plug wires (through the valve cover) we're steaming and hot/ melting.
6.car had to be pulled to my uncles ranch because it does not start... Weird though it doesn't crank at all, starter if left in gear moves the car probably just by the force on the flywheel, but the noise it makes on start up is a plain ignition, basically to me I only hear the starter but idk doesn't crank just wines. Doesn't sound like metal to metal grinding and whatnot just like a starter on by itself*

Sure it was and is close to my swap but here what to be said
I have another tranny
I have another s14*
I have everything connected still
What can I do or should I do.

I don't care about my tranny,flywheel,or clutch kit.
Im just trying to save the motor if possible. If not I'll give it away or something...

I would think that there is a good chance of damage, so I'm looking for a replacement motor as well. 78252

My clutch slave and master cyl. Are new.