PDA

View Full Version : Sr injector impedance? high or low?

philbro
01-29-2004, 02:35 PM
i am thinking of go for a top mount set up on my sr is the injector impedance for an sr? are they high or low. please let me know
thanks
phil

TheTicTac
01-29-2004, 02:43 PM
Why top mount? Sr's are side mount, and they are high imp.

philbro
01-29-2004, 02:53 PM
in all truthfullness top mount is a bit cheaper and injectors are more readily available. I will be looking at like 330 for the rail and the injectors..opposed to upwards of 500.

TheTicTac
01-29-2004, 03:20 PM
So your looking for supra or FC injectors or something? Imo I think it's more of a hassle, but I'm always down for DIY so good luck!

Redtop_240
01-29-2004, 10:45 PM
So your looking for supra or FC injectors or something? Imo I think it's more of a hassle, but I'm always down for DIY so good luck!

Are you serious? You dont know this is more efficient than any sidefeed injector available other than the Nismo injectors that cost more for a set of injectors than to buy 50lb. MSD's a fuel rail (top feed) and the clips.....and a walbro 255 HPFP.......LMAO............

Anyonew who looks for perfomance beyond stock I would suggest topfeed fuel rail too..........

-Jeff

TheTicTac
01-30-2004, 12:14 AM
Are you serious? You dont know this is more efficient than any sidefeed injector available other than the Nismo injectors that cost more for a set of injectors than to buy 50lb. MSD's a fuel rail (top feed) and the clips.....and a walbro 255 HPFP.......LMAO............

Anyonew who looks for perfomance beyond stock I would suggest topfeed fuel rail too..........

-Jeff

So why are Nismo injectors the most efficient sidefeed?

andrave
01-30-2004, 12:53 AM
blah blah, merits to both, stock SR are high impedance but if you get low impedance you can just wire up resistors. RX-7 injectors fit the sr fuel rail more or less (550's or 850's) but they need collars, well the 550's do anyway, and 850's are just massive and you need standalone to control. Topfeeds are cheap and reliable and easy to find, easy to replace. Plus you can use a "free" mustang 4.6 fuel rail. they are pretty cheap used.
But then sidefeeds fit the stock rail, and you can keep your stock fuel hoses, and the fuel cools the injector.
I'm going topfeeds, I just sold my sidefeeds, but thats just because my ECU couldn't control the sidefeeds I had...

turboex
01-31-2004, 08:28 PM
blah blah, merits to both, stock SR are high impedance but if you get low impedance you can just wire up resistors. RX-7 injectors fit the sr fuel rail more or less (550's or 850's) but they need collars, well the 550's do anyway, and 850's are just massive and you need standalone to control. Topfeeds are cheap and reliable and easy to find, easy to replace. Plus you can use a "free" mustang 4.6 fuel rail. they are pretty cheap used.
But then sidefeeds fit the stock rail, and you can keep your stock fuel hoses, and the fuel cools the injector.
I'm going topfeeds, I just sold my sidefeeds, but thats just because my ECU couldn't control the sidefeeds I had...
Sorry to bring up old post, but is the mustang fuel rail a bolt on deal for an sr20det? thanks