PDA

View Full Version : Another smoking issue

nddavis2
04-09-2012, 08:44 AM
After all kinds of issues with the engine smoking months ago due to what I believe I incorrectly diagnosed as a blown head gasket (I assumed the worse instead of checking the ecu for codes...I know, stupid), I am getting the knock sensor code. I replaced it along with the 02 sensor, coolant temp sensor, the one beside it that I dont remember right off, and head gasket and every one that goes along with it. Crank the car and it hesitates before starting then runs...ok at best. Doesn't seem to be smoking to begin with that I can tell but then it starts pretty heavily mainly out of the engine bay that I can see. It doesn't seem to have much of a smell so I'm having a hard time telling if its something leaking and burning or what it is. I do know that two injectors seem to have decided to go out right after the initial start up which is just kind of my luck I guess. After I get the new injectors in, where do you suggest I start trying to chase down the smoking from?

And I have already replaced some of the vacuum lines. Not all, but some of them. You suggest finishing the replacement of those? Really frustrated because it's been a long time sin'ce I've driven the car. Wanted it to be the summer car and give the WRX a little break.

BTW it's a 91 240sx hatch that appears to hate me