PDA

View Full Version : Tall guy, short headroom!

BiluMaster K's
01-29-2004, 09:46 AM
I'm 6'4 and with a helmet, need all the room i can get,
oh.....89 coupe, no sunroof.

Are there any tall drivers out there that can give a recomndation on this?
I don't sit "gangsta status", I use the proper driving postition and wont be able to drift at Englishtown until i do something. :rawk:

Dousan_PG
01-29-2004, 09:50 AM
sparco rev w/ bride rails

go to freshalloy.com
basic 240sx
thread by trunk (another NJ guy). :)

or any aftermaket seat
custom rails.

Replicant_S14
01-29-2004, 09:51 AM
ha! yeah, I'm 6' and my head just clears with a helmet. I know some miata guys that remove some of the padding in the seats to get a little lower. It's a hack but I guess it works.

BiluMaster K's
01-29-2004, 10:11 AM
ok, ok....thanks for the speed on that one!
I'll check it out "monster truck 240"guy(awsome pic, been admiring it for some time)
...those miata guys are nutty, plain nutty.

A company should make a exclusive set of seats for the uber-tall(i know u can get custom)...gotta pay the cost to be the boss i guess

rancid240
01-29-2004, 12:49 PM
6'3 and i dont have much problems. After attempting to slide all day only my knees give me problems, since i keep banging them into the center console and door

BiluMaster K's
01-29-2004, 01:00 PM
true, my knees hit all day! and i wouldnt mind having the door line higher in realtion to my head. I want to go as low as humanlly possible, between the seat itself and the rails.
Like you say Rancid, i hit the console and door, the E-brake really gets to me.
I was thinking JDM console to put it on the passanger side, screw em!I can reach the back windshield without trying, i dont think the e-brake will kill me

werm
01-29-2004, 01:05 PM
What about big feet? The peddles are wayyy to close together haha

mixxamike
01-29-2004, 02:45 PM
Peddles to close? WERD. I'm 6'4" with size 15 feet...I have a devil of a time trying any fancy footwork. The bigest problem I have, however, is raking my fingers on my knees when i'm autocrossing. The steering wheel is just too close to the instrument panel for my liking.

But for us tall guys, aftermarket seats bolted to the floor coupled with an aftermarket steering wheel and spacer should take care of our problems. Now I just need some money...damn you to hell tuition!

Ghettokracker71
01-29-2004, 02:48 PM
:werd: makes me glad I'm not all that big of a guy(6' even,175lbs,size 12)

BiluMaster K's
02-02-2004, 09:35 AM
Its all about narrow sneekers, like nike FORCE ONE, non-air