PDA

View Full Version : Assembling my s13 red top today!

NYS13SLIDER
04-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Can someone give me the torque specs for main studs and head stud torquing? Any other advice when assembling an s13 red top? Im using CP pistons,Eagle connecting rods,stock correct size bearings,arp headstuds,original main studs,cometic headgasket,new oil pump, the block is prepped and the head has been redone. Im mainly looking for any advice on the actual building of the block.

crayzwhiteboy
04-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Too easy deleted

crayzwhiteboy
04-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Let me google that for you (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=torque+head+gasket+sr20det)

Click the first option

future
04-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Gonna do all that work then reuse the mains.

Nice

NYS13SLIDER
04-07-2012, 02:39 PM
not bad there guy, where did u learn how to google? im impressed!!

crayzwhiteboy
04-08-2012, 02:09 AM
Any other advice when assembling an s13 red top?

if you cant do something as simple as using google.

you should probably let someone else handle your investment.

it would suck to mess something up and blow your motor. even if you are a dummy

edit: keep us updated

NYS13SLIDER
04-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Meant to say stock mains not reuse the originals,my bad. Wow im taking crap from a 19 and 22 year old,nice. Dont get me wrong guys im no expert when it comes to building an sr20det and i dont claim i know more than anyone else, i am fairly knowledgeable in regards to engine assembly in general,even though im not an engine builder. I was actually not just looking for the simple things like torque specs but also some veteran advice on any little specific details that are maybe sr20det specific, that only a seasoned builder of this specific engine would know first hand and share, that would make the build that much better, to some its the little tricks and details that matter, and not just something that can be googled. Maybe if crazywhiteboy wasnt so quick to bash with his smart comments, others on this site would be willing and able to help him out with certain things that he doesnt know and cant be googled. You know... building friendships and credibility with people instead of acting wise and trying to be cool and just burning bridges especially if you dont know who it is thats on the other end of a post or conversation, because believe you me i can school you in many topics. Or you can just google your way through life and and use that and the internet as your mask in general to try and show that your superior and better than others.

fliprayzin240sx
04-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Since you're using ARP studs, torque specs should have came with the parts...

NYS13SLIDER
04-09-2012, 09:49 PM

:fawk:

I was having a moment with crazywhiteboy you idiot. i wasnt bashing your beloved Zilvia as a whole. I have met some nice people on this site myself actually but yes there are aholes like yourself on this site that have nothing good to say and just shit stuff out there ignorant little mouths,but what do you expect when they have shit for brains.

bc.
04-09-2012, 09:51 PM
You really need the FSM before you wrench on your motor. Also google some basic engine building tips before you start. I am getting close to starting my rebuild also and that is my next step, I already have the FSM.

NYS13SLIDER
04-09-2012, 09:54 PM

I was having a moment with crazywhiteboy you idiot. i wasnt bashing your beloved Zilvia as a whole. I have met some nice people on this site myself actually but yes there are aholes that have nothing good to offer to the site.

NYS13SLIDER
04-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Thanks bc. Lock the thread mods

crayzwhiteboy
04-11-2012, 12:11 AM
Thanks bc. Lock the thread mods

why lock the thread? you came here for seasoned veteran tips and you havent gotten anything except look on the box (and you called him an asshole) and get an fsm.

and i wasnt bashing you. and im pretty sure i gave you all the torque specs you needed. so you should thank me instead of telling me your old.

also. goodluck with your build but take chip of your shoulders man. someone thats (let me check) 34 should be a little more mature.

fliprayzin240sx
04-11-2012, 10:25 PM

I was having a moment with crazywhiteboy you idiot. i wasnt bashing your beloved Zilvia as a whole. I have met some nice people on this site myself actually but yes there are aholes like yourself on this site that have nothing good to say and just shit stuff out there ignorant little mouths,but what do you expect when they have shit for brains.

Honestly, I wasnt being a dick asshole...torque specs for ARP parts are different to what the stock pieces ask for in the FSM!!! If I was being a dick, I would have told you to use the FSM...that way your fucking specs will be off and your crank will be out of tolerance. When I used ARP headstuds and mains, they literally came with fucking torque specs...it even specified what they are if you used oil or their moly grease.