PDA

View Full Version : Car Problems- MAFS?

nissandrift
01-28-2004, 01:56 PM
My car ( 1993 240sx SE w/ stock KA24de) was having problems stuttering about 2 weeks ago, anyways the next day it pretty much dies. It dies every time I try and give it gas, but start and idles fine. I unplug the MAFS and it runs fine until 2500, just a little rich. I figure its the MAFS and its runn9ing in safe mode. Well anyway i check voltage on it and its getting 14.5 volts in and putting .37 volts out when plugged in. Anyways I buy a used MAFS and it got here today. When I put it all back in and plugged it up my car does the same thing. I figure its worth a shot to unplug the negative battery cable and maybe reset ECU, I know its needed with OBD2 but unsure with OBD1. Im wondering do you think I got a bad MAFS, or does the problem lie elsewhere? Does anyone have and S13 in the johnston, or wake county area that would let me borrow theres for a bit so I can try your MAFS? Im willing to pay a little.

Ghettokracker71
01-28-2004, 02:44 PM
Have you tried to actually reset the ECU yet?

nissandrift
01-28-2004, 08:44 PM
I've taken my ground cable off the battery for about a half hour. Is there another way to do it with OBD1?

nissandrift
01-30-2004, 10:37 AM
I was told to check my PCV. I looked through the FAQ's and it sound like a pain in the ***. I'll have access to a lift on tue., would it be easier to get to from underneath? Does anyone else think my PCV valve could be the prob.? I tried to check codes but couldnt get the light to come on regardless if the car was running, key on, or completely off. After that I just unplugged it overnight to reset.

Var
01-30-2004, 12:06 PM
pcv from under the car? who told you that? it should be on your valve cover or somewhere around there