PDA

View Full Version : First track day this weekend (Eagles Canyon Raceway)... what to bring?

jacobzking
04-04-2012, 10:20 PM
I have my first track day in my 240 this weekend at Eagles Canyon Raceway... first time to do a track day. Car seems to be in pretty good form, but honestly, since owning the car I've only driven it about an hour total, even after doing an SR swap. I feel pretty confident that the car will hold up fine, but I wanted some advice on what to bring?

Obviously basic hand tools
Torque Wrench
Tire gauge
Extra fluids

What else?

pitchlock
04-05-2012, 07:20 PM
plenty of beer, snacks and water
good tarp
good jackstands
good jack
extra brake pads, rotors and fluid

Just enjoy yourself and take it easy

turbociv910
04-05-2012, 07:35 PM
shade.

helper for when u need to flush brake fluid, asuming you have the el cheapo stuff in there.

most tracks have power, so bring a ext cord and a fan or radio.

If you have to go to the classes, plan on being in there the whole time you want to work on your car.

Pinggg
04-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Just have fun dude. It's your first time. Expect a lot to not go your way, haha.

Def
04-05-2012, 09:48 PM
ECR is rough on brake pads, hope you have something decent with SR power. I'd also suggest turning the boost down as far as you can, and overfill the oil about half a quart.

Bring snacks and WATER, lots of WATER. You need to stay hydrated, and I'd say 95% of my students who start doing stupid stuff just get dehydrated and start having lots of brain farts and driving sloppy.

Enjoy it though, going to the track is a blast. You should sign up for the next The Driver's Edge event at MSR-Cresson. I'll probably be instructing at that one.

OptimusGRIMES13
04-05-2012, 09:51 PM
extra hooses incase if hooses rip dont want to end up with a blown motor like i did -__-

240cracker
04-06-2012, 06:56 PM
jack, jackstands, hoses, zip tiez, cupplings, all fluids. i even cary spare bolts for certain things.

but just incase i have 100 mile free tow with AAA

never had to use it yet ( knock on wood ) but if u play on going a lot man it could save your ass. great investment

mantas
04-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Id add spare tire if you dont already have one. Seen a few people pop the tire off the rim.

89JDM240sx
04-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Bring your car... Lol