PDA

View Full Version : 1990 headlight wiring harness

hondaguy
01-27-2004, 01:54 PM
ok well i have a 90 fb and and my right headlight isnt working,i changed the light,fuses and so on,only time the light works is when i put on my brights and then turn them off,they both work fine,so i came to the conclusion that it is a wiring problem but i think the 240's are wiring is like a puzzle,anyways is there anyway i can just hookup a wire from the workin headlight to the non workin 1?i gotta have it fixed by feb.4 i have to take it to the police station :barf:

andrave
01-27-2004, 02:11 PM
no because that would overload the wire. You could wire a relay to the other headlight and have it switch fused (15 amp) wire from the battery. thats your best bet for a quick fix. The headlight wiring is relatively simple though, you can probably track down your problem if you spend some time chasing it.

hondaguy
01-27-2004, 02:30 PM
so basically connect a wire from the battery to the light???sorry im halfretarded when it comes to these things lol

andrave
01-27-2004, 04:12 PM
no, connect a wire from the working headlight to the positive relay switch, then ground the other side. Then take a battery lead, run it through a 15 amp fuse, through the siwtched side of the relay, and run a lead on the output of the switch to the headlight. You would need two, one for high beam and one for low beam.