PDA

View Full Version : s13 KA24de Check engine light

violak90
03-31-2012, 01:43 AM
(1992 240sx hatch KA24DE (s13))
I bought the car a few days ago, i test drove it 20 miles, No light. I buy the car, i drive it 3 hours home. About 150 miles in, engine light comes on. I drove the car a bit wild around some of the turns, and a few times when i was testing the cars limit I noticed that the light went off, and then came back on. (someone suggested "knock?" sensor?) Car had No cat, straight pipe. Also, leaking power steering fluid. I fixed the power steering leak, and put a cat on it. (hopefully the correct way, doesn't sound funny or anything) I disconnected the battery for an entire day while working on the stereo. I reconnected the battery later that evening, and started the car; the engine light is still on. Any ideas? I can't drive the car to a shop until I register it on Monday, (police are bored and looking for reasons to pull people over out here) so I was just hoping for some idea's to try and solve this light issue before I take it into a mechanic.

Or if there is an easy way to read the OBD code without a reader x_X

thanks for your time :)

andisan
03-31-2012, 02:17 AM
first car? why dont you check the code the ECU is flashing, you do know where the ECU is at, right?

violak90
03-31-2012, 02:22 AM
first car? why dont you check the code the ECU is flashing, you do know where the ECU is at, right?

first car that im working on myself. I didn't know you can check a code just by looking at the ECU, i thought you needed an ODB reader lol, thanks :)

Passenger side kick panel according to google, ill google reading the ECU itself and figure it out, thanks :D

godrifttoday
03-31-2012, 02:24 AM
yes!!!! he can search!

violak90
03-31-2012, 02:28 AM
yes!!!! he can search!

LOL google is my best friend...forums are always last resort =P

Appreciate your help guys, found the ECU reading guide, and will find the solution to my problem tomorrow!

Board Closed!