PDA

View Full Version : Room Lamp Fuse Wiring PROBLEMS

KoukiPuffs200
03-31-2012, 12:55 AM
Thanks for taking a look! I have a wiring issue that is killing me. I'll explain;

Car: 93' 240sx fastback factory ka24de

Every time I put in a new fuse for the room lamp it blows immediately. :picardfp:
So there is no fuse in at the moment.

There is a short somewhere and I've done some searching and found that the room lamp fuse protects the radio, analog clock, and all dome lights. All witch are not working along with my tack's (speed, rpm's, etc...). My door ajar light also is staying on while the door is closed. And my chime bell no long goes off.

When I close my door my tack's start to work (sometimes) in normal order along with the clock. But the dome lights and radio still did not work, but door ajar stays on. When I try and turn on the dome all of the tacks immediately turn off (still no room lamp fuse in).

I recently took out my DCC unit along with the harness and put the stock one back, the exact way that it had, with no wire modifications. Also I replaced the fan clutch, not sure if thats where the problem had started.. but just giving info.. After I took out the DCC everything was working fine until I replaced the fan clutch. I have the stock climate and radio out and check all wires behind and all seem to be ok with non grounding or out of place. I took off kick panel and wires look ok (I'm not a wiring expert though).

If you know where the wires might be grounding/touching i.e. room lamp wire. Please let me know where it is located. I am going to take a look at the fuses under the hood tomorrow if there the problem may lye.

Thanks for the help in advance!

hOngsterr
03-31-2012, 04:20 AM
its the 10 fuse thas in your kick panel, i had a similar problem when my dome light blew out when iwas trying to take it off. no fuse, no power. So what i recommend is putting like a 15 or 20 fuse in there and see where that gets you.

KoukiPuffs200
03-31-2012, 07:07 PM
and sure enough after I took apart my dash, it worked with the 15 fuse -_-

Im not sure if the amps adjust to how much power is needed. I had my radar wired into the room lamp fuse with the add a circuit and I guess when I took it out and put the single fuse back in it was sending to much power.

What Ive Learned: 1. just because a lot of thing are not working doesn't mean there all broken, just the fuses protect multiple things
2. Don't ASS U ME the worst; check easy fixes first

hOngsterr
03-31-2012, 07:27 PM
shit happens. if those things occur its because the fuse blew, happened to me literally weeks ago lol

dtfdanyo
03-31-2012, 07:37 PM
I used a 15 amp fuse for that too. Worked for about a week then it blew so check it again in a couple days.