PDA

View Full Version : dohc tach read sohc signal???

Stunt'nSlide
03-28-2012, 10:10 PM
How can you make a dohc tach read the sohc signal? I've already tried connecting the tach wire directly to the green/black ignition coil wire and it still didn't work. I've looked everywhere and there is no info.

tapdeznutz
03-29-2012, 01:32 PM
you have a sohc and trying to use a dohc cluster? need to swap out the sohc tach and put into dohc cluster=everything will work on dohc cluster for sohc engine. gl

sr20comic
03-29-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm kinds having the same issue. I did an SR swap into a single cam s13 and everything works but the tach.

di-devol
03-29-2012, 02:23 PM
^It's a known issue, the sohc cluster will NOT read a DOHC signal and vise versa. If you want your tach to read the sr, you need the dohc cluster.

Stunt'nSlide
03-29-2012, 02:55 PM
you have a sohc and trying to use a dohc cluster? need to swap out the sohc tach and put into dohc cluster=everything will work on dohc cluster for sohc engine. gl

I have it all hooked up and everything works except for the tach? How can I make a dohc cluster read my sohc motors signal? I tried wiring it straight to the ignition coil and nothing. I heard the sohc signal is 0-5 volts and the dohc is 0-12 volts or something like that

Stunt'nSlide
03-29-2012, 02:57 PM
I'm kinds having the same issue. I did an SR swap into a single cam s13 and everything works but the tach.

for you, you can either get a dohc cluster, attach a dohc tach to the sohc cluster, or wire the tach wire directley to your ignition coil signal wire

Stunt'nSlide
03-29-2012, 02:59 PM
^It's a known issue, the sohc cluster will NOT read a DOHC signal and vise versa. If you want your tach to read the sr, you need the dohc cluster.

Is there anyway you can make the dohc tach read the sohc signal? I have a nx1600 gauge cluster and a sohc motor and car. I've heard of people having success stories with putting in the nx1600 cluster into the sohc car but they won't help me on how to do it

95zenki man
12-13-2013, 05:40 PM
I know this thread is pretty old but i could use some help. Motor is redtop s13 sr.

I have a sohc hud cluster with a dohc tach (dohc sending unit in trans) the tach is a little off on the sides and the needle broke off at the top a bit one day. I have a silvia cluster i plan to pull a new tach out of, my questiton is will it work with the dohc sending unit?

Pic of hud with dohc tach.

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv336/dsm4_life/image_zpsb44d27e0.jpeg