PDA

View Full Version : ARP vs AEBS head studs kit for sr20det

trak-shuhn
03-19-2012, 12:12 AM
so ive been doing a bit research on whats better but im not getting a clear answer.i known arp for being the best to use and ive used them in both a built 3sgte mr2 motor and a built ej20 wrx motor with no problems.but from what i heard tho with the sr20 motors is that the design of the studs have a flaw at which the tip of the stud that goes into the block are cut off and causes problems.so then i came across AEBS but never heard of them so as far as i know the AEBS have the proper design which it has the "dog point" at the end which is supposedly stronger and safer for the sr20s.any feedback on these studs would be greatly appreciated.thanks.btw can you guys state which combo studs and HG you use and what power your making.

rcdad123
03-19-2012, 02:11 PM
i used to work at AEBS. we used the AEBS studs on our 605 whp sentra with no problems. we also used cometic head gasket sprayed with hylomar. and the engine was an sr20de, not a det. we made our own exhaust manifold and intake manifold. i don`t remember what turbo it was but we used SDS engine management with 8 injectors. this was back in 1999 and 2000, we did not know what transmission to use, so the car never made a 1/4 mile pass better than 10.45 et. we would blow the axles during burn out or launch.

trak-shuhn
03-19-2012, 03:49 PM
Well the horsepower numbers don't lie so i'm guessing its good stuff.thanks for a little insight on this.but I heard Cometic head gaskets are crap on SR motors

rcdad123
03-19-2012, 08:37 PM
there was not a lot of choices back in those days when it came to headgaskets. we used hylomar spray on the gasket and it never gave us any problems.

JDMRIDDAZ
03-20-2012, 06:22 AM
Wats the diff in price between the two
Studs....
Ppl should always use the spray on metal Hg
Cometic or not...
Boosted 350 chevy they use indian shelac
It can hold up to 30psi...

trak-shuhn
03-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Well there is no price difference between the two much maybe like 40 more for the aebs but its the design that really matters to me.btw sr come with metal hg right so can I jus swap it out with a Cometic and aebs hardware or do I need to resurface and deck and what not?

UNITEDMASTER
03-20-2012, 08:51 PM
SR does not come with a metal HG,& you should surface block & head regardless...ARP works just fine