PDA

View Full Version : Motor Mount Selection

BiluMaster K's
01-23-2004, 10:53 AM
Taking out Ka24e. The mounts suck.
I read that the sr mounts place the motor higher up, if so slightly.
Would having mounts intended for the KA have any REAL negative effect(angle perhaps)?
A low C.G. is the place to be!

To my 2.5[/SIZE]RS,
You handled like God, no, 2 Gods!
Too bad the car thieves didn't understand your powersliding ways..rot in hell!
S13 time fooo!!!

Dream240
01-23-2004, 11:55 AM
Taking out Ka24e. The mounts suck.
I read that the sr mounts place the motor higher up, if so slightly.
Would having mounts intended for the KA have any REAL negative effect(angle perhaps)?
A low C.G. is the place to be!

To my 2.5[/SIZE]RS,
You handled like God, no, 2 Gods!
Too bad the car thieves didn't understand your powersliding ways..rot in hell!
S13 time fooo!!!

Actually I believe the motor mounts for the KA are the same as the SR. If not then I'm sure the mounts will work about the same as stock KA ones. If your looking to upgrade look at NISMO motor mounts. A little pricey but for a 30% increase over stock stiffness, it's worth it.

BiluMaster K's
01-23-2004, 01:36 PM
.[/QUOTE]

I do plan on getting the NIZMO set, perhaps Kazama or Uras. My good freind(s14 owner) runs the NIZMO dept. @ a dealer and says they make mounts for both......so now I'm wondering if they have the same part# ...

BiluMaster K's
01-23-2004, 01:48 PM
Just got off the phone w/ him. They ARE different parts and he said there is some affect with the KA mounts(NIZMO or OEM) and SR20det motor.
He is still using stock mounts and is pissed about it! I think he is trying to get me to be the guinee pig for this...

SOMEONE on this forum must know for sure, seems every other topic is thoroughly covered and then some!

Jeff240sx
01-23-2004, 02:01 PM
Just got off the phone w/ him. They ARE different parts and he said there is some affect with the KA mounts(NIZMO or OEM) and SR20det motor.
He is still using stock mounts and is pissed about it! I think he is trying to get me to be the guinee pig for this...

SOMEONE on this forum must know for sure, seems every other topic is thoroughly covered and then some!

KA and SR motormounts are the same. If you want to use SR mounts on a KA, the right mount goes on the left side, and vice versa.
-Jeff

BiluMaster K's
01-29-2004, 11:26 AM
excellent! everything is going according to plan!