PDA

View Full Version : s13 alarm fried the ecu???

aznpoopy
01-22-2004, 08:33 PM
sup every1. hmm i posted for my friend about her s13 before... basically her s13 wont shut off with the key turned to off and pulled out... it just keeps running. i asked on here; ppl pointed to a bad relay. fine. she took it to a dealer; they swapped the ignition. that didn't help (and racked up about 500 bucks in labor fees - wtf?). they say its NOT a relay problem ... now they say the car alarm fried the ecu and that's why everything is messed up. btw the car runs fine and everything... just won't shut off. if the ecu was fried i would think it would have more problems.

#1 i've never heard of this happening... is the dealer bs'ing my poor (female) friend O_o

#2 is there anyway she could check to see if its really fried herself (would there be visible damage anywhere that she could see easily - she's no mechanic)...

thanks!

Yoshi
01-23-2004, 12:39 AM
sup every1. hmm i posted for my friend about her s13 before... basically her s13 wont shut off with the key turned to off and pulled out... it just keeps running. i asked on here; ppl pointed to a bad relay. fine. she took it to a dealer; they swapped the ignition. that didn't help (and racked up about 500 bucks in labor fees - wtf?). they say its NOT a relay problem ... now they say the car alarm fried the ecu and that's why everything is messed up. btw the car runs fine and everything... just won't shut off. if the ecu was fried i would think it would have more problems.

#1 i've never heard of this happening... is the dealer bs'ing my poor (female) friend O_o

#2 is there anyway she could check to see if its really fried herself (would there be visible damage anywhere that she could see easily - she's no mechanic)...

thanks!

Prolly wouldn't hurt to get a new ecu, KA ecu's are pretty cheap these days, that'd be the quickest way to check... also disconnect the alarm and see if there's something malfunctioning with it's kill switch or the alarm brain itself... you're pretty much left with process of elimination :(