View Full Version : what is this on my rb25?

03-12-2012, 02:58 PM
I have a "tube" on the head that runs down to the block. Its on the drivers side of the head a bit in front of cylinder one and runs down to the block. Is it some kind of p cv plumbing?
In the picture it is removed but you see the passage in the head where it would ultimately bolt on.

Pro ViZIon
03-12-2012, 03:48 PM
It's probably a breather for the engine oil like any other motor. Just judging from the photo.

Where exactly does the tube lead?

03-12-2012, 09:32 PM
ok i will try to get a picture of where it ends on the block...

03-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Yes more pics and larger ones as well

Spencer dougherty
03-13-2012, 01:41 AM
its the oil drain tube for the head...

03-13-2012, 09:29 AM
Perfect, thank u all for the responses

03-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Hey are you the guy that I talked to yesterday on the phone? I never got a text from you with your email address but Ill pm you the info I was going to.

03-17-2012, 08:18 PM
AFAIK, it's not a head drain. It's the drain for the NVCS. When the solenoid opens, the oil that gets pumped into the Intake cam to retard it needs to drain somewhere.


I didn't have mine either. I found one though.