PDA

View Full Version : PM's don't work right for me.

DSC
01-20-2004, 12:55 PM
My pop-up blocker kills zilvia PMs and I can't put zilvia in the "allow pop-ups on this page" because it allows them for the entire zilva.net. This normally wouldn't be a problem except zilvia has pop-up ads that I refuse to look at. West, I brought this to your attention over a month ago and you igored me completely. conspiracy? Is zilvia.net using pop-up ads to generate more $ and just won't admit it? I gave you proof that zilvia was hosting ads off the main page and showed what they appeared to be coming in with. I made a post, mentioned it in another post and sent you a PM (that you read) but no replies.

So, zilvia.net now supports pop-up ads?

I guess I'll just bookmark the forum and go to it directly :smash:

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=42076
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=43774

mrmephistopheles
01-20-2004, 02:28 PM
is their any way you can block domains? if so, just block bravenet.com. I seriously doubt Mark is attempting to generate money by having popups. More likely than not, the poll program on the main page is provided 'for free' with popups.
I never see popups when i come to Zilvia, mainly because i bookmarked the forums index, and not the main page.

West
01-20-2004, 03:01 PM
is their any way you can block domains? if so, just block bravenet.com. I seriously doubt Mark is attempting to generate money by having popups. More likely than not, the poll program on the main page is provided 'for free' with popups.
I never see popups when i come to Zilvia, mainly because i bookmarked the forums index, and not the main page.

Dave, sorry man. Ive known about the problem for awhile, im just trying to find a free PHP or ASP based poll script. I will around to it. Just been busy as hell, and I have got your MSGs about it. Sorry for not responding. We will never support pop-up ads... unless they wanna pay me $100000000 :D hehe

I took the poll down. Ill have a new script up soon. Sorry!

DSC
01-21-2004, 11:03 AM
:) "Site popups allowed" thanks mark. I really like the new popup thing too (I think we had one but it was broken?) now I don't have to check for pm's they come to me, woot!

Jeff240sx
01-21-2004, 02:28 PM
:) "Site popups allowed" thanks mark. I really like the new popup thing too (I think we had one but it was broken?) now I don't have to check for pm's they come to me, woot!

You need a new browser! Avant doesn't allow the main page popusp, but the PM pops appear. I'm so happy!
-Jeff