PDA

View Full Version : sr s14 fuel pump

TokyoNights
01-20-2004, 11:22 AM
I just got my walbro fuel pump in today and i just did a search and found that its not made for a s14 because the filter is in the wrong place..so i was just wondering if anything bad can happen if i use it. i bought it off of ebay and i asked the dude if i could use it and he said its for all 240sx's..So what should i do? anyone here install it in a s14 and has had any problems? also where is the pump located under the rear seat or in the trunk? i havent looked yet since its like 5 degrees outside..

Myssan
01-20-2004, 12:02 PM
There is a good amount of information around on this...you just have to find it.

Heres a link.
http://www.pandablue.com/nissansilvia/foru...sp?TID=862&PN=1

You have to pull the carpet back from the hump behind the back seat/under the rear dash.

You need to get the S14 fuel sock/filter. A guy named Terry Vincent sells them ut I dont have his info. im sure you could get one direct from Walbro..thats where he works. With the S13 kit, the fuel filter faces in the wrong direction. You can still use it but dont go too low on your fuel level.

I did the install just today! Wasnt really that hard. Just follow the directions they give you. Its easy.

TokyoNights
01-20-2004, 02:37 PM
That link you posted doesnt work..how did you install it,with the s14 filter or the one that comes with the pump?...i just dont want a dumb ass fuel pump filter being the cause of my engine blowing after spending all this money on it..so with the s13 filter i can experience fuel starvation is this what youre sayin?

mistaanime
01-20-2004, 03:47 PM
I think it suppose to be in the trunk..not sure tho..but my cousin's 89 240 was in the trunk..mite be the same..

TheTicTac
01-20-2004, 05:01 PM
Walbro pumps are pretty generic to begin with. The pumps I got for my old 240 and my FC are identical. All you have to be concerned about is that the filter isn't dirty and that the float works.

TokyoNights
01-20-2004, 05:11 PM
thanks peeps.. well i just ordered a new sock for it for 25bux shipped which is supposed to be like the s14 one so i guess im straight now..just gotta wait again...

Myssan
01-20-2004, 07:09 PM
S14 fuel pump acces is under the rear dash under the trunk carpet. There is a metal plate then there are some hoses, wire plugs, and the "cap" to the pump assy. Remove the threaded ring and everything just comes out.