PDA

View Full Version : S15 complete rear end in S14 SR 5-speed - Need Shorter Final Gear?

MrFairlady
03-01-2012, 07:08 AM
I'm going to be putting my complete S15 rear Subframe with diff,axles & everything in my S14 soon.
a: Hopefully the ABS S14 Driveshaft Fits correctly....

Anyway,..Should I go ahead and change the Final Drive (to a 3.9 or 3.6) since Its going to be 6speed Rear end with 5 speed transmission?

may be eaiser to do, before I throw it all in is the reason I'm asking. Would rather not have Super Tall gears if thats what its going to do to my car.

Kingtal0n
03-01-2012, 08:58 PM
I would run the S15 rear gear no matter what, even if you decided to use the five speed, if the car will be a daily driver, sometimes highway, with an OEM or similar clutch.

The Six speed transmission has a deeper first gear to allow the S15 rear gear to "make sense" but honestly, I have driven the five speed with the S15 rear gear and you can barely notice it is there, on the other hand, you DEFINITELY notice the highway cruise rpms are much more comfortable on a long drive.

if you decide you want a Five speed rear gear (3.9/4.1) And you want to sell the S15 rear, PM me I would like a shot at purchasing it first...