PDA

View Full Version : NIce you guys

Replicant_S14
01-18-2004, 09:58 AM
The rollover message preview is super cool. What else can I do?

Good job! Thank you.

West
01-18-2004, 01:44 PM
Hmm, play around and find out :)

I cant find how to move threads! lol.

ca18guy
01-18-2004, 01:47 PM
Under thread tools, but you'll probably figure that out before you read this :)

West
01-18-2004, 02:57 PM
Ahhhh! Now i see. hehe THANKS

DSC
01-18-2004, 04:47 PM
Hey, I think I like everything about the new setup :) thanks for the work and good job.

Curious though, what did you guys have to do that took so long? Archive posts? new version of vB? I guess more changed than just the look?

Anyway, I love it. The site looks really good now except for the pop-up ads on the main page.

West
01-18-2004, 08:43 PM
Well, the conversion itself took about 2.5 hours. Then I designed the new look (colors) etc. That took about 1.5hrs. Setup the options and misc settings, 1hr. The big thing that took soooooo damn long was updating counters. There were about 10 dif things that had to be ran in order to upgrade. The big one was re indexing the Search Index. Imagine sitting here, processing 1000 posts per 30-40 seconds and clicking a button to proceed, keep in mind there are 400k posts :( I had stuff to do on Sat, try to sell Irenas car, clean it, take care of baby, etc. I was running the last update statistics before I had to be at the Avs game, and we were already hella late so I left it running... :( was still late to the game by half the first intermission :( After that, we went down town and got drunk :D Then I finished it as soon as we got home. It would have been done sooner if I was a robot... :p

transient
01-19-2004, 11:53 AM
It's going to take a little getting used to, but I'm loving it so far :)