PDA

View Full Version : Sc61 Internally Gated on Stock RB25 mani....??

Phats
02-22-2012, 06:10 PM
So i got back my Swapped 240, and it needs a new turbo. I have had a SC61 for a while, and purchased a internally gated turbine housing. The bright idea was to install it on the stock mani, throw in some big injectors, plug in the emanage ultimate and all was going to work well.

Well, it doesnt fit. For a few reasons, but most of all, it's because the Compressor hits the stock manifold. Also, the WG actuator would have to sit in the same location as where i would ideally like the outlet to be.

So after a few hours of searching, i'm taking this last ditch effort, hoping that someone has a brilliant idea/product to solve my issue. I thought about a spacer, but then the compresser outlet would point straight to the strut tower...and a 90 wouldnt fit.

I know this is kinda vague, and i can take pics if needed. I've been outta the game for a while and really hope i am missing something very easy.

Thanks for your help in advance

redline racer510
02-23-2012, 09:44 AM
2 options
#1 Find another turbo.
#2 Find another turbo manifold or modify the stock manifold.

Phats
02-24-2012, 02:20 PM
LOL. Ok. I just bought a stock turbo, so looks like i'm going that route then. Thanks for the wisdom.

steve shadows
02-24-2012, 02:25 PM
That turbo...might kick in at 5000 rpms on an sr...maybe 4000 on a ka...not that fun...used to have one...

It's ok if you're running 28 psi with anti-lag on drag radials and at least an 8k redline...otherwise, get a 50trim you'll be way way better off for a t3/t4 compatible compressor wheel. cheers.

Phats
02-24-2012, 11:34 PM
Roger. Think im gonna throw it up on Marketplace and see if anyone wants it. Thanks.