PDA

View Full Version : KA24E Injectors leaking

Jersthecool
02-16-2012, 07:56 PM
Since I've bought my car I've always had really bad gas mileage, I'm talking 300kms a tank at most and I never knew why so I replaced tons of things and finally decided it was the injectors. So I got some lightly used replacement ones and bought a full o-ring kit and replaced all that and still the same gas mileage so I gave up for a while again. All of a sudden especially the last month or so when you even get near my car it wreaks of gas and inside the cabin especially when the heat is on. So I popped the hood and looked and the 2nd and 4th injectors are covered in gas and it stinks.

So I'm stuck these are brand new o-rings and they're still leaking so I don't know what to do. I've dealt with this bad gas mileage for almost 2 years but this smell I just can't take anymore I almost passed out last night when I stepped out of the car. Anyone have any ideas?

Frank_Jaeger
02-16-2012, 09:11 PM
Since I've bought my car I've always had really bad gas mileage, I'm talking 300kms a tank at most and I never knew why so I replaced tons of things and finally decided it was the injectors. So I got some lightly used replacement ones and bought a full o-ring kit and replaced all that and still the same gas mileage so I gave up for a while again. All of a sudden especially the last month or so when you even get near my car it wreaks of gas and inside the cabin especially when the heat is on. So I popped the hood and looked and the 2nd and 4th injectors are covered in gas and it stinks.

So I'm stuck these are brand new o-rings and they're still leaking so I don't know what to do. I've dealt with this bad gas mileage for almost 2 years but this smell I just can't take anymore I almost passed out last night when I stepped out of the car. Anyone have any ideas?

When yiou say a kit, do you mean 12 o-rings? There're two small lower ones and one big upper one per injector. Usually the big o-ring causes leakage, but I'd check the small ones too.

How's your fuel pressure?

Jersthecool
02-16-2012, 09:29 PM
I believe it may have even been a kit of 4 so 16 in total I'm not 100% sure it was a while ago when I replaced them. How can I go about checking fuel pressure?

Frank_Jaeger
02-16-2012, 09:43 PM
I believe it may have even been a kit of 4 so 16 in total I'm not 100% sure it was a while ago when I replaced them. How can I go about checking fuel pressure?

Get a fuel pressure tester or gauge. I don't see any other reason why gas would be leaking if the rings and pressure were okay. Check the fpr and injectors. Check that you didn't damage the o-rings putting them back in.

sincity_sil80
02-16-2012, 09:54 PM
when i took out my injectors to clean them mine were leaking like hell too. i know it sounds dumb, but make sure 2 & 4 are seated as flush as 1 & 3. If you can, have someone watch the injectors to see if they leak when you go to turn the car over.

Jersthecool
02-16-2012, 10:05 PM
Okay thanks for the advice will definitely check out these options thanks guys

sincity_sil80
02-16-2012, 10:07 PM
hope you get it fixed. gl

Jersthecool
02-16-2012, 10:42 PM
Thanks. I'll post back if I can't figure it out.

brizanden
02-16-2012, 11:15 PM
dont let the leak get worse i did and my newly built ka lit on fire luckily i had an extinguisher in the car.

SR Skid_Kid
02-16-2012, 11:30 PM
make sure to lube the o rings when placing the injectors back in... use oil but not to much just enough so they slide in easy... do not just stuff them in dry.... its like a sexy time deal make sure the hole is lubed well enough or else it will rip things... ya know