PDA

View Full Version : ka24de-t head im lost on my build!

s14boy
02-13-2012, 11:12 PM
hello,

i am curently working on my ka24de-t build my goal eventualy is 400+hp. so far this is what im working with

bottom end:
cp pistons (.02 over)
eagle rods
arp main
arp rod bolts

top end:
arp head studs
metal head gasket 90mm bore i read to get this one because of the .5mm over bore. was this correct?

bolt on's:
log mani
hx35 with v-band
injectors? maybe my friend top feed FIC 1050's
and now my questions::facepalm:

1.what should i do to the top end? i was looking at bigger valves to get better flow but i trully have no idea what to do.

2.tuning options? i was set on nistune befor i started this but now i feel that i should go with a full stand alone like AEM. AEM is close to me but the ecu is expensive but this is the biggest part of the car and illgarage is the only shop iv found that tunes with nistune but i have no feed back of anyone that had their car tuned by illgarage.

3.im going to send my block to get bored soon what eles would you recomend doing to it while its at the shop (besides bore and hone). i was looking to get it decked.

4.lastly i feel like im going to need to upgrage the ignition system. I have no idea though once again if its needed or what to use.

thanks and if you dont have any thing usefull please dont post

shalezzz
02-13-2012, 11:32 PM
1.search 2.enthalpy or standalone 3. Hottank,bored,honed decked 4.ls individual coil packs can be wired up

I think Jordan innovations has an aem 2 to ls cool pack harness that's cut to length and loomed.
Go to ka-t.org for precise questions like that. And use the search feature read peoples build threads and tackle one thing at a time and not ask broad questions most people won't spoon feed it, good luck woth your build

s14boy
02-14-2012, 12:17 AM
1.search 2.enthalpy or standalone 3. Hottank,bored,honed decked 4.ls individual coil packs can be wired up

I think Jordan innovations has an aem 2 to ls cool pack harness that's cut to length and loomed.
Go to ka-t.org for precise questions like that. And use the search feature read peoples build threads and tackle one thing at a time and not ask broad questions most people won't spoon feed it, good luck woth your build

hey thanks man i apreciate the input and ya i posted on ka-t too. the idea of one thing at a time is good advice lol i really just need to get the head all wraped up. and ill go look in to the ls coil packs. and i dont need it "spoon feed" it is nice at times but you response is perfect i just need a start to search

thanks again man

Walperstyle
02-14-2012, 01:30 AM
lol shouldn't have posted this question on ka-t.org. Should have searched KA-t.org.

Stage 2 cams would help, but I would seriously look into the ECU change to stand-alone... I personally have no experience with enthalpy but others love it. From experience with Crower cams, I would go JWT if I did it over again.

spooled240
02-14-2012, 01:35 AM
^why is that?

the cams I mean

shalezzz
02-14-2012, 09:24 AM
^why is that?

the cams I mean

Cause there's alota poor reviews on the crowers across here and ka-t compared to other name brands

R33E8
02-14-2012, 01:01 PM
lol shouldn't have posted this question on ka-t.org. Should have searched KA-t.org.

Stage 2 cams would help, but I would seriously look into the ECU change to stand-alone... I personally have no experience with enthalpy but others love it. From experience with Crower cams, I would go JWT if I did it over again.

On Crower cams or Brian Crower? I haven't heard any bad things about Crower cams..

Turbo Nismo
02-14-2012, 04:20 PM
I have a KA-T and did 404hp @ 23psi and 10.5A/F ratio, tuned with a DSM ECU. It has:
-stock head
-stock intake manifold
-custom turbo manifold
-Garret T3/T4
-1000cc Precision Turbo Injectors
-ARP headstuds
-Cometic HG
-Wiseco Pistons
-Eagle Beam Rods
-ACL bearings
-38mm wastegate
-Ebay FMIC Kit 32x12x3"
-Tial Q bov
-Custom Top Fuel Rail
-Malpasi 1@1 fpr
-Walbro 255lph fp
-3" custom downpipe and exaust

s14boy
02-14-2012, 07:13 PM
thanks every one

I have a KA-T and did 404hp @ 23psi and 10.5A/F ratio, tuned with a DSM ECU. It has:
-stock head
-stock intake manifold
-custom turbo manifold
-Garret T3/T4
-ARP headstuds
-Cometic HG
-Wiseco Pistons
-Eagle Beam Rods
-ACL bearings
-38mm wastegate
-Ebay FMIC Kit 32x12x3"
-Tial Q bov
-Custom Top Fuel Rail
-Malpasi 1@1 fpr
-Walbro 255lph fp

what ecu did you use seams like an odd idea

shalezzz
02-14-2012, 09:10 PM
-stock head
-stock intake manifold
-custom turbo manifold
-Garret T3/T4
-ARP headstuds
-Cometic HG
-Wiseco Pistons
-Eagle Beam Rods
-ACL bearings
-38mm wastegate
-Ebay FMIC Kit 32x12x3"
-Tial Q bov
-Custom Top Fuel Rail
-Malpasi 1@1 fpr
-Walbro 255lph fp

What kinda fpr are you running? Or do you just have the walbro and thats it?

Turbo Nismo
02-15-2012, 06:30 PM
Malpassi Fuel Pressure regulator and DSM ECU with Ralliart coil packs, DSM CAS and 3 bar map sensor.

Turbo Nismo
02-15-2012, 06:34 PM
BTW it's way cheaper than any standalone and you can do almost everything you could do with one. You can have 2-step, antilag, datalog, A/F maps, timing, etc. And it feels like a stock car in cruising and runs perfect. And the best thing it has been prove with lots of KA-T's and also SR20's, my friend has an S13 with SR20DET and it's tuned with the same ECU and did 370whp.

rcdad123
02-15-2012, 08:43 PM
when you say dsm, are you talking about the eclipse turbo ecu from 95 and below turbo eclipse`s?

s14boy
02-16-2012, 11:34 PM
im guessing your refering to the tsi ecus but i never new they had the same conections all my buddys are into dsm so ill check it out

SR Skid_Kid
02-16-2012, 11:44 PM
hahahaha i think dsm's are weak sause... dodge neon sxt status

SR Skid_Kid
02-16-2012, 11:49 PM
but i am interested to see where this dsm ecu and its tuning capabilities go as far as pairing it with a ka-t set up

Turbo Nismo
02-17-2012, 02:11 PM
when you say dsm, are you talking about the eclipse turbo ecu from 95 and below turbo eclipse`s?
Yes, eclipse turbo ecu. You just cut the injector plugs, tps plug, RPM wire, coolant sensor, from your harness and rewire it to the DSM wire harness, take your maf out and throw it out the window and put a 3 bar map sensor, dissamble your ignition and insert the CAS with it's plug, get some Ralliart coilpack's with the plugs and rewire them with the DSM harness. Plug the datalog cable with your laptop on the ECU and reflash it anytime you want. Control the timing, A/F maps, add a 2-step, antilag with button or by RPM's, etc.

marsworld
10-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Yes, eclipse turbo ecu. You just cut the injector plugs, tps plug, RPM wire, coolant sensor, from your harness and rewire it to the DSM wire harness, take your maf out and throw it out the window and put a 3 bar map sensor, dissamble your ignition and insert the CAS with it's plug, get some Ralliart coilpack's with the plugs and rewire them with the DSM harness. Plug the datalog cable with your laptop on the ECU and reflash it anytime you want. Control the timing, A/F maps, add a 2-step, antilag with button or by RPM's, etc.

so their will be two ecu running at the same time? a little confused as how this works.

Fatboy Garage
10-03-2013, 06:42 PM
Interesting to see the DSM ecu as another way of a "stand alone system", any more info on this?