PDA

View Full Version : ka24e problem Wont rev past 3k

USAFs13
02-13-2012, 05:13 PM
Over the weekend I changed out the radiator (was leaking) all the belts, thermostat, and oil. After changing it I noticed the new radiator had leak near the transmission hoses (fixed that). Next day tried to drive the car got a ways out and the car started heating up and would barely shift. Brought it back home check the transmission fluid and it was nearly empty. Replaced the fluid and added some lucas in there as well. Drove it half way across the parking lot and it shut off and wouldnt start again. Today got it started, but car would not stay on unless gas was pressed and the car wont rev past 3k. Took it to the shop here on base and basically got ripped off (for now) because the guy charged me $130 and returned it to me the same way and while I was test driving it he left the shop for the day..... I did some searching and came up with possible MAF issue and the other guy at the shop said it could be a vacuum leak.

I'm kinda lost because I need the car fixed asap and if its something I can fix on my own I would rather just do it and be on my way than deal with this shop any more.

di-devol
02-13-2012, 06:00 PM
Could be the maf, try a different one.

twyztidmind
02-13-2012, 06:11 PM
Defiantly sounds like a maf issue. Check to make sure its fully plugged in and check the wires.

terry_240sx
02-14-2012, 10:32 PM
definately the maf, had same prob myself.

Brentbohn
02-23-2012, 06:14 PM
MAF .. stop cutting the screen out of it and this wont happen.:wackit: