PDA

View Full Version : Help me diagnose this clutch problem.

AN89HATCH
02-13-2012, 07:18 AM
I’m thinking about picking up this s13, (Sr20det) but the problem is when the car was off the clutch pedal had zero resistance and would get stuck to the floor. I initially thought it was either the slave cylinder, or clutch master but once starting the car the clutch pedal magically gained pressure and popped back. Although it gained some pressure it still couldn’t shift into any gears. Also once turning the car off again, the clutch pedal continued to have pressure so I’m sort of stumped. Does this sound like a bad clutch? bent clutch fork/ pressure plate? or bad tob?

There's no fluid leaks etc.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

fliprayzin240sx
02-13-2012, 11:40 AM
Probably needs to get the lines bled. I'd take the dampner loop out and attach the hardline directly to the slave cylinder soft line and bleed the system. Should be a 30 min job if anything...if you did that and the clutch is still acting the same, then you have something else wrong with the clutch.

ryandriftingfat
02-13-2012, 04:04 PM
Just had this same issue with mine. I fucking forgot to tighten the line at the master cylinder.

You have a leak / blown cylinder somewhere. Tighten down your lines & bleed (remove clutch loop if necessary. If you still have the problem then, replace your cylinder(s).