PDA

View Full Version : Track events?

Vatche
01-13-2004, 09:07 PM
whens the next one a total begginner can go to, drift , road coarse, or drag

something i can take my car too where there are other 240s at and have a good time!

sykikchimp
01-15-2004, 08:59 AM
I can't speak for drifting, but there are several groups on the west coast that hold events.

http://www.speedtrialusa.com/

http://www.nasaproracing.com

These are both excellent groups for the first timer. I believe you get a bit more track time with Speedtrial.

Good luck!

Dousan_PG
01-15-2004, 09:40 AM
we sometimes have drifting groups with speedtrials but not regulary right now as it used to be a year and 1/ 2 ago

right now the easiest one is thru www.club4ag.com or www.driftday.com (same thing)

speedtrials are some of the best open track events you can do. there are lots of other groups that host events as well.

Vatche
01-16-2004, 03:39 AM
im 75% sure im going to the speed trial one on feb 7 sounds fun...and one of my friends might go

JasonNagra
01-16-2004, 05:19 PM
NorCal drift division usually has track event just about once a month. You can grip or drift whatever you want and get A LOT of track time. From 8am to 5pm. Cheap too, around 100ish dollars!

adey
01-20-2004, 06:14 AM
I'll vouch for the quality of speedtrialusa events... unlike Drift Day/Club4ag events, Tommy @ speedtrialusa tends to get things rolling close to schedule, and is usually very well organized. Once in a while he even has a "run group C" which is a drift group... though they're somewhat rare and you'd have to check w/ him before hand.

have fun out there; open track days are GREAT fun and great learning experiences!! Get an instructor to ride with you for a few laps early in the day; you'll learn a LOT more that way!

Vatche
01-21-2004, 01:17 AM
im 50-50 about going to the feb 11 one because i just lost my job and dont know if i can throw around 100 bucks....but i was gonna go until today

hurleyboi514
01-21-2004, 09:00 AM
a friend of mine is running this set of events: www.seat-time.com i think they are all at roebling road though... should be intresting, i may work for them, helping at the events and such...