PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Hicas rack to use as core

Vatche
02-10-2012, 01:00 PM
hicas rack in any condition, as long as it is a hicas rack. i dont want one that is in pieces or whatever. im looking for a cheap hicas rack.

Vatche
02-13-2012, 02:13 PM
still looking, I hope someone has one laying around

CaptainVlad
04-13-2012, 07:10 AM
Hey, I was just looking at your threads and saw this.

There is a good chance that you will NOT get back a hicas rack. Most places that give you a new rack in exchange for yours will give you a non hicas one, and its not easy to tell the different between the two by looking at them. (IIRC)

Unless you know a place that will rebuild the one you give them, it may not be worth it.

Ps, I have a hicas rack, and you don't. =)

jschrauwen
04-13-2012, 11:08 AM
I have a used HICAS rack complete off of my 90 300ZX. I did a HICAS delete and have no use for it. It was working fine when it was removed with the exception of a very slight movement of the left side ball joint. I'd replace the balljoint (http://lh6.ggpht.com/_3cZnFvtBbT8/SjrpKfcON1I/AAAAAAAABHs/ier9dIYqY0M/s800/P1080104.JPG) as part of the process anyway.
I'm not sure if it will fit though.

Vatche
04-13-2012, 11:26 AM
Hey, I was just looking at your threads and saw this.

There is a good chance that you will NOT get back a hicas rack. Most places that give you a new rack in exchange for yours will give you a non hicas one, and its not easy to tell the different between the two by looking at them. (IIRC)

Unless you know a place that will rebuild the one you give them, it may not be worth it.

Ps, I have a hicas rack, and you don't. =)

Yeah, its a chance I would take, but Looking at the parts they specifically have a price difference for the core units, so if i get back a rack and its not hicas I will just send it back and complain. They cant pull a fast one.

I have a used HICAS rack complete off of my 90 300ZX. I did a HICAS delete and have no use for it. It was working fine when it was removed with the exception of a very slight movement of the left side ball joint. I'd replace the balljoint (http://lh6.ggpht.com/_3cZnFvtBbT8/SjrpKfcON1I/AAAAAAAABHs/ier9dIYqY0M/s800/P1080104.JPG) as part of the process anyway.
I'm not sure if it will fit though.

I really dont think it will fit sorry :(

NISMO_tuner
04-17-2012, 06:02 PM
I have a beat up non hicas rack if they won't know the difference.

Vatche
04-17-2012, 11:50 PM
yeh no big deal, im noticing nobody has these laying around.

i have stock beat up racks too, but for core they ask specifically for hicas model.

StickyxG
06-17-2012, 11:48 PM
what are the pro's and con's of having hicas, all i know is your rear wheel turns too.. but when i turn the steering wheel, i dont see it turning..

Vatche
06-18-2012, 12:53 AM
I think nobody likes HICAS, I just want the front steering rack because it has a shorter ratio

westly7
08-12-2012, 04:38 PM
I believe i have one.my buddy parting out 91 hatch super hicas.are u talking about the front steering rack or the rear small one that moves the rear wheels only few degree?

KiLLeR2001
08-12-2012, 04:54 PM
I believe i have one.my buddy parting out 91 hatch super hicas.are u talking about the front steering rack or the rear small one that moves the rear wheels only few degree?

Reading is usually a good idea...

I think nobody likes HICAS, I just want the front steering rack because it has a shorter ratio

westly7
08-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Ahhh lol okay i think i have it