PDA

View Full Version : wastegate vacuum to bov vaccuum?

jacobzking
02-09-2012, 12:49 AM
is it ok to hook up my waste gate vacuum to my BOV vacuum (on hot pipe FWIW). they are not T'd or anything, just straight from one to the other.

fliprayzin240sx
02-09-2012, 12:54 AM
yes..........

jacobzking
02-09-2012, 01:00 AM
yes..........

thanks mate!

PIN GIO 2
02-09-2012, 01:15 AM
sound like wrong

KiLLeR2001
02-09-2012, 02:07 AM
You want to do what? lol...

younghatchowner
02-09-2012, 06:58 AM
wait a minute what...am i about to learn something new...

you can connect you wastegate vacuum str8 to your bov??

jacobzking
02-09-2012, 07:07 AM
that's what I'm trying to figure out. it doesn't seem right though. seems like it would still need a vacuum source from the intake manifold...???

nissanfreak317
02-09-2012, 08:15 AM
It's times like these that I begin to worry.

Your blow off valve needs manifold pressure/vacuum, so run a tube from your manifold to your bov.

Your wastegate doesn"t necessarily need vacuum, so most people hook that up to their IC piping, I suppose in theory this could be hooked to the manifold but I wouldn't recommend that.

What you CANNOT do is hook you IC piping to both your BOV and WG. Your BOV will not function properly like that.

cotbu
02-09-2012, 08:35 AM
This is not that hard fellas, bov's need vacuum and boost, waster gates need boost, fuel pressure regulators need boost and vacuum, boost gauges depending on type need boost obviously, boost/vacuum gauges needs well.... Anything before the throttle body and after the turbo is boost only, now this will change when the throttle body is open, but we still call this a boost only source. All of the nipples/ports on the manifold or after the throttle body butterfly is vacuum. Until the throttle body opens, it then can become vacuum/boost source.

jacobzking, your bov, need a source from the manifold, your gonna have to decide whether to T off something or not! Your waste gate can use any port pre throttle body

fliprayzin240sx
02-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Wait...did he meant connect the 2 to each other (wastegate nipple to BOV nipple)? I was imagining in my head that he's running a nipple off the hot pipe...

Black R
02-09-2012, 05:21 PM
This is not that hard fellas, bov's need vacuum and boost, waster gates need boost, fuel pressure regulators need boost and vacuum, boost gauges depending on type need boost obviously, boost/vacuum gauges needs well.... Anything before the throttle body and after the turbo is boost only, now this will change when the throttle body is open, but we still call this a boost only source. All of the nipples/ports on the manifold or after the throttle body butterfly is vacuum. Until the throttle body opens, it then can become vacuum/boost source.

jacobzking, your bov, need a source from the manifold, your gonna have to decide whether to T off something or not! Your waste gate can use any port pre throttle body

What would happen if you ran the line from the IM post tb to the wastegate?

cotbu
02-09-2012, 06:26 PM
Nothing really, it just doesn't need a vacuum source to function. It may slow spool slightly, but you probably wont notice that though.

TheRealSy90
02-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Somebody make a "best vacuum routing" thingy with paint haha. Shit confused me.

jacobzking
02-09-2012, 09:45 PM
ok... so can i run a T from the throttle body (one of the 2 nipples under the TB) to the waste gate and BOV?

so basically BOV and waste gate go in to T that goes to throttle body?

KiLLeR2001
02-09-2012, 09:59 PM
ok... so can i run a T from the throttle body (one of the 2 nipples under the TB) to the waste gate and BOV?

so basically BOV and waste gate go in to T that goes to throttle body?

No. BOV needs to go to a nipple after throttle plate. Wastegate needs a boost source BEFORE throttle plate.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm133/terceldrifter/VacDiagramSmall.jpg

Stock S13 SR20DET diagram.

jacobzking
02-09-2012, 11:16 PM
No. BOV needs to go to a nipple after throttle plate. Wastegate needs a boost source BEFORE throttle plate.

cool, i just ran a hose from the WG straight to the front side of the TB and a hose straight from the BOV to the backside of the TB. I'll give her a go tomorrow and see who she responds.

I drove her earlier today and she ran overall pretty well, but had some boosting issues, and I would suppose that's why.

i also need to tune my BOV but I'm thinking between fixing the vacuum hoses and adjusting the BOV she'll run like a dream.

thanks again!!!