PDA

View Full Version : Blitz DSBC not working correctly

StryfeS13
02-06-2012, 01:00 AM
Got a bit of an issue here. I installed a Blitz DSBC into my friends car and it worked fine for a couple of weeks. We had it set on 18 lbs of boost and it would hold it throughout the RPM range.

Later on the turbo gasket blew, replaced it, and now the DSBC wont do anything over what the wastegate is set at (12-13 psi). It's still faster than it used to be on 18psi because of the turbo gasket but still, we want to raise it.

I've set it on all gain/ratio settings, turned the limiter off, everything. It doesnt regulate boost at all.

I know the lines are hooked up right because it worked before, now it just wont work. I've also tried switching it from WG to AC just to see what it'd do, etc. I've checked the wiring, the vacuum lines, pretty much everything.

The only thing I haven't done is take the solenoid apart.

Any ideas?

cotbu
02-06-2012, 07:46 AM
Which version do you have? S or R. I think it's the solenoid. But first is it reading, boost and vacuum? If the control unit is working and the wiring and vacuum routing hasn't changed, add pressure to the solenoid in port with boost pressure set to something low, the solenoid should be actuating and you can feel on the out port. If not it's the solenoid and or it's wiring.

StryfeS13
02-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Not sure if it's S or R. It has a blue wire and a white wire if that tells you anything. Yes it reads boost and vacuum, also reads peak.

cotbu
02-06-2012, 03:57 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/4a67b061-5bb5-2973.jpgYes it reads boost and vacuum, also reads peak.
So the control unit works? Solenoid!
Sounds like the S, which is what I have. Try adding pressure to that in port, if it exits out the bleeder port when gain, and desired boost are set. The solenoid is faulty.

OLDSCHOOLRICE
02-06-2012, 07:33 PM
I had the exact same thing happen on my car. (I had a Greddy profec, but same principals as the DSBC)

I blew the turbo gasket on track, the heat from the exhaust leak caused the insulation on the wiring to the solenoid to melt off. Therefore causing the wires to touch and short out the boost controller. Like most people I had the wiring for the solenoid routed around the inside of the left strut tower “close” to the turbo. The boost controller still read boost, only to the wastegate pressure though. The circuit inside the controller that controls the solenoid was shorted, rendering the controller bad.

The solenoid is easy to check. Just provide power and ground to it and you should feel it click. If you have the dual solenoid, one of the wires is ground and the other two are power for the individual solenoids.