PDA

View Full Version : Rush racing Antilag VS Bee-r Rev Limiter VS WOT Box

2stepGoesPowPow
02-05-2012, 04:39 PM
ok, SO.. Im looking for a system that is most beneficial for speed & can shoot flames for fun occasionally. I've tried researching all the products above but would like some opinions before i make my decision. Bee-r seems cool because it has more settings then the rush system. however the WOT box [wide open throttle box] which allows you to keep the gas peddle at WOT as you shift seems to be the best as you can hold most of your boost as you shift.. this would be my first anti lag/2step ever and its going on my redtop SR.

WOT BOX:wotbox - www2 (http://www.npcompleteperformance.com/wotbox)

Rush Racing Anti-Lag:Rush Racing Development - Antilag Launch Control Units (http://rushracingdev.com/al.html)

Bee-r Rev Limiter:Bee-R Rev Limiter (http://www.importperformanceshop.com/beerrevlimiter.html)

harrypotter
02-05-2012, 10:36 PM
None of those are a true anti lag system, they are for show or WOT shifts. To have a rally style anti lag you would need a turbo and manifold that could take the abuse. Just copy what Dent Sport Garage has done to their SR20.

Anti lag
How Anti-Lag Systems Work - autoevolution (http://www.autoevolution.com/news/how-anti-lag-systems-work-25222.html)

Dent Sport
240RS Maxi – DSG - DENT Sport Garage (http://www.dentsport.com/shop-cars/240rs-maxi/)

2stepGoesPowPow
02-06-2012, 12:08 AM
None of those are a true anti lag system, they are for show or WOT shifts. To have a rally style anti lag you would need a turbo and manifold that could take the abuse. Just copy what Dent Sport Garage has done to their SR20.

Anti lag
How Anti-Lag Systems Work - autoevolution (http://www.autoevolution.com/news/how-anti-lag-systems-work-25222.html)

Dent Sport
240RS Maxi – DSG - DENT Sport Garage (http://www.dentsport.com/shop-cars/240rs-maxi/)

So your saying the rush antilag and bee-r are for show, but at least the WOT box for wide open shifts actually does something to make you faster w/ WOT shifts rite? Also what exactly are you suggesting i copy from dent... The whole build...? Lol

s13 @ fullboost
02-06-2012, 12:27 AM

Anti lag

Dent Sport

He never even mentioned what turbo or manifold he had? So how do you know what he has cant take the abuse.To the OP Basically all it really is cutting ignition and not fuel at what ever rpm you have it set at, are there better systems out there then what you posted Yes there are but there pricey. You need to ask yourself what am I using the car for? what are my priorities? and most importantly do I have the money to maintain the car with this kind of a system since you will be murdering your turbo. It is extreamly hard on the turbo.

Functiontheory
02-06-2012, 12:52 AM
Oh man. Sounds like you want one for the wrong reason. Only having a redtop and assuming you have it pretty much stock, none of these are going to make your sr any faster. Just be forewarned this post is going to cause some drama. Do yourself a favor and just don't get any of these you are just going to wreck your motor.

slider2828
02-06-2012, 12:56 AM
I wonder if the WOT Box really works with no lift shifting... that is kewl..

TheRealSy90
02-06-2012, 02:43 AM
I no lift shift my Sr all the fucking time with none of that crap, don't shift like a damn grandma and smack the limiter once when you shift, holds boost and all that shit. Don't waste your money on stupid crap.

harrypotter
02-06-2012, 07:37 AM
He never even mentioned what turbo or manifold he had?...

Some things you just know!

!Zar!
02-06-2012, 02:07 PM
You can set the BEE*R limiter for flat shifting as long as you wire it to the clutch instead of the hand brake.

I have a BEE*R limiter because it makes cool sounds and drifting more exciting.

That's all I care about.

Envy
02-06-2012, 02:11 PM
Like other have said if you have an antilag or similar system make sure the turbo and manifold can handle it. I would worry more about the turbo myself as antilag can be very hard on the exhaust turbine if this is just for show you might want to skip over it. I don't believe the stock redtop t25's were built for that type of punishment. Also remember that these systems (if I am thinking of what you are talking about) were designed and derived from rally cars which have the budget to replace turbo's when they blow out and only have to run for hours not years.

Edit: ( I think the OP might be talking about a two-step not an antilag I am not completely sure at this point)

cotbu
02-06-2012, 03:08 PM
I have the rush racing unit, and I use it to try and get an advantage over higher Hp'd and Awd cars. With boost set at 14psi I was able to leave the line with 11-12psi not an anti-lag system, launch control Hmmmmmmm OKay when you slip the clutch properly it's very effective.

Everyone keeps saying these are not true anti-lags system and that is ture, so why may I ask is it that you think the damage a real anti-lag system causes will be caused by these units. We aren't dumping continuous amount of fuel into the turbine housing or manifold. The worst case I can think of off hand is, if your base timing is wrong then yeah maybe. And I'm not saying they are safe for your engine or turbo, I'm am saying, that these don't operate like true anti-lag system so why compare the stress level to one another? The sound is more scarier, than the damage being caused.

You can wire the RR unit as a no lift shift option too, It's just that you launch would be set at the same RPM that you normal shift at. You wire the trigger to both clutch switches.

2stepGoesPowPow
02-06-2012, 05:40 PM
I have the rush racing unit, and I use it to try and get an advantage over higher Hp'd and Awd cars. With boost set at 14psi I was able to leave the line with 11-12psi not an anti-lag system, launch control Hmmmmmmm OKay when you slip the clutch properly it's very effective.

Everyone keeps saying these are not true anti-lags system and that is ture, so why may I ask is it that you think the damage a real anti-lag system causes will be caused by these units. We aren't dumping continuous amount of fuel into the turbine housing or manifold. The worst case I can think of off hand is, if your base timing is wrong then yeah maybe. And I'm not saying they are safe for your engine or turbo, I'm am saying, that these don't operate like true anti-lag system so why compare the stress level to one another? The sound is more scarier, than the damage being caused.

You can wire the RR unit as a no lift shift option too, It's just that you launch would be set at the same RPM that you normal shift at. You wire the trigger to both clutch switches.

How long you been using the RR unit & what damages have you experienced?

Also I'm planning to run this setup on a 2871 375hp setup

2stepGoesPowPow
02-06-2012, 05:45 PM
You can set the BEE*R limiter for flat shifting as long as you wire it to the clutch instead of the hand brake.

I have a BEE*R limiter because it makes cool sounds and drifting more exciting.

That's all I care about.

Any damages caused by the BEE*R also why do you say it makes drifting more exciting?, cause instead of the needle slowly bouncing off redline it 2 steps? hahah:rofl:

TheRealSy90
02-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Don't waste your money on this crap you can wot shift without it!

Dark Spec
02-06-2012, 06:03 PM
ive had the Bee*R for a hole yeah with plenty of abuse and didnt damage turbo nor manifold but my engine is built and on the stock manifold and stock but rebuilt T25 when all was put together...it works for me, does build boost of the line and makes drifting interesting...I love it but wouldn't mind trying the WOT box

2stepGoesPowPow
02-06-2012, 06:06 PM
ive had the Bee*R for a hole yeah with plenty of abuse and didnt damage turbo nor manifold but my engine is built and on the stock manifold and stock but rebuilt T25 when all was put together...it works for me, does build boost of the line and makes drifting interesting...I love it but wouldn't mind trying the WOT box

Im scared it might blow holes in my tomei manifold :cry:

Dark Spec
02-06-2012, 06:32 PM
mmmm naaaaa, check it out at the start of vid....i was trying to blow my tires when they were getting ready to go after a wile of drifting so i can change to another set
CCM11 Drifting (Low Quality) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDvsJoGlZus&feature=context&context=G28fd4caAUAAAAAAAAAA)

2stepGoesPowPow
02-06-2012, 06:49 PM
mmmm naaaaa, check it out at the start of vid....i was trying to blow my tires when they were getting ready to go after a wile of drifting so i can change to another set
CCM11 Drifting (Low Quality) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDvsJoGlZus&feature=context&context=G28fd4caAUAAAAAAAAAA)

nice hahah u shoulda went 2560 instead of rebuilding the t25 tho

Dark Spec
02-06-2012, 07:14 PM
well it was just to break in the motor and whatnot the car is now down for upgrades, bigger turbo, nisstune, vmount and all the goodies..

TheRealSy90
02-06-2012, 07:25 PM
nice hahah u shoulda went 2560 instead of rebuilding the t25 tho

I see what you did there haha.

2stepGoesPowPow
02-06-2012, 07:25 PM
well it was just to break in the motor and whatnot the car is now down for upgrades, bigger turbo, nisstune, vmount and all the goodies..

i have a garrett 2560r for sale in the marketplace section, 400 + shipping:)

Dark Spec
02-06-2012, 07:27 PM
mmmm im aiming for something more like a GT30 at least im aiming for 500-550 HP

2stepGoesPowPow
02-06-2012, 07:33 PM
mmmm im aiming for something more like a GT30 at least im aiming for 500-550 HP

WDF lmao, i was thinking of going full race GT30 in the future if i still wanna dump money into my car but thats crazy.

Dark Spec
02-06-2012, 08:02 PM
crazy y???

!Zar!
02-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Any damages caused by the BEE*R also why do you say it makes drifting more exciting?, cause instead of the needle slowly bouncing off redline it 2 steps? hahah:rofl:

It sounds awesome and makes flames and explosions all rad like.

Thus making drifting more exciting.

Something Formula-D lacks.

2stepGoesPowPow
02-06-2012, 08:40 PM
crazy y???

b/c a full race setup is like 4k lol

2stepGoesPowPow
02-06-2012, 08:41 PM
It sounds awesome and makes flames and explosions all rad like.

Thus making drifting more exciting.

Something Formula-D lacks.

lmao true, i wonder if theres a diff between 2 step w/ pump gas vs 2 step w/ e85

TheRealSy90
02-06-2012, 09:10 PM
I honestly doubt it... It's fuel.

rcdad123
02-06-2012, 09:50 PM
i used to drag race in the all motor class back in the day and if you did not speed shift (shifting at WOT), you are more likely going to lose the race. i was driving a Honda CRX and i would shift at 9,200 rpm and it would hit 10,200 before i was able to release the clutch completely. we did not have a WOT box or anything like that. you just slam on the clutch and release really really fast. also used to drag race a turbo acura that had a MSD DIS 2 that had 3 rev settings(burn out, launch, and redline). i would engage the 2 step for launch as soon as the 2nd staging lights come on. i would usually see 5-7 psi before launching.

cotbu
02-07-2012, 01:23 AM
How long you been using the RR unit & what damages have you experienced?

Also I'm planning to run this setup on a 2871 375hp setup

Since September 2010
When I first got it, I played with it a lot. Mostly on back roads trying to get it right. It's set at 4500rpm now, but 5500rpm is where it makes me a supppa star!

Pissed off neighbors, Angry Vette owners confused cats, dogs and squirrels.
If you mean engine damage or turbo damage none as of lately, but i did just break my drive shaft, probably from years of abuse and not the massive 350ft I be puttin down.

my power and torque, at the time was 355hp and 310ft deep 12's on a good day! Stock internals and greddy easy cams + rocker arm stoppers

Dark Spec
02-07-2012, 06:25 PM
true its not a real anti-lag sistem but it kinda works as if, it does boost off the line and gives you kool show points, it is great with out having to dish out the money for a full race setup

2stepGoesPowPow
02-07-2012, 07:54 PM
my power and torque, at the time was 355hp and 310ft deep 12's on a good day! Stock internals and greddy easy cams + rocker arm stoppers

street tires? is ur interior gutted?

Dark Spec
02-07-2012, 09:56 PM
best i did was a 13.0xx on the T25 and street tires, my cars weight was at 2610 with me in it and half a tank of gas, on meth boost spikes of up to 20psi and still with Bee*R and no damage... and i truly belive that it did help some
check it out my best run of the night, crapy vid but show how on it i am, and its often i do this...
best fire donuts at cup cake meet,selma tx - YouTube (http://youtu.be/gQ9dhA07yNs)

2stepGoesPowPow
02-07-2012, 10:02 PM
best fire donuts at cup cake meet,selma tx - YouTube (http://youtu.be/gQ9dhA07yNs)

hahahaha 2 step while drifting does sound fuckin sick

cotbu
02-08-2012, 12:51 AM
street tires? is ur interior gutted?
Street tires, Full interior plus two 12" pioneers in a big Box w/ amp, No spare tire and headlight motors and H4's replace with quad projectors. I'm not a skinny jean type of guy either. The car with me in it, approx 3050lbs

2stepGoesPowPow
02-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Street tires, Full interior plus two 12" pioneers in a big Box w/ amp, No spare tire and headlight motors and H4's replace with quad projectors. I'm not a skinny jean type of guy either. The car with me in it, approx 3050lbs

=o, i can't wait till my cars done thennnnnnnn I'm so glad i decided to save a little longer and go 2871

supersayianjim
02-09-2013, 11:35 AM
so, what wires are these supposted to be spliced into?? and confirmed the boost building at the line does work right??

AdamR
02-09-2013, 08:35 PM
Like other have said if you have an antilag or similar system make sure the turbo and manifold can handle it. I would worry more about the turbo myself as antilag can be very hard on the exhaust turbine if this is just for show you might want to skip over it. I don't believe the stock redtop t25's were built for that type of punishment. Also remember that these systems (if I am thinking of what you are talking about) were designed and derived from rally cars which have the budget to replace turbo's when they blow out and only have to run for hours not years.

Edit: ( I think the OP might be talking about a two-step not an antilag I am not completely sure at this point)

Anti-lag has such a vague meaning in actual use. Lets not get caught up on what he said and read what he means. He wants a two step with FFS