PDA

View Full Version : LSD ?'s what and how much

s13dan
01-11-2004, 09:39 PM
whats the best lsd for the cash, or am i better off buying an expensive one, to me 1,000$ is expensive, i thought about getting a stock jdm lsd but then i thought theres prolly a reason the guy replaced his and thats why its for sale also whats the best for long term use? kaaz, cusco, viscous? any help would be appricated.

kandyflip445
01-11-2004, 09:43 PM
For the long term a Quaife would probably be the best. It doesn't have clutches to wear out. Even though it will someday, it probably will outlast your car. For drifting and such I've heard ppl like the Kaaz for the price and quality but the reason they like it for drifting is because it engages fast.

fleaf
01-12-2004, 12:51 AM
I just installed a vlsd and it's definately a step up over the open differential and it's muuuuuch cheaper than all the other lsd's. You have to keep in mind that an aftermarket lsd requires much more maintenance. However, finding a vlsd with low mileage is rare. I think it's better to start out with something "low" and cheap, and if you feel the need to upgrade then do so. The worst part is to realize that you spent 1,000$ on something you can't fully utilize.

revat619
01-12-2004, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by fleaf
I just installed a vlsd and it's definately a step up over the open differential and it's muuuuuch cheaper than all the other lsd's. You have to keep in mind that an aftermarket lsd requires much more maintenance. However, finding a vlsd with low mileage is rare. I think it's better to start out with something "low" and cheap, and if you feel the need to upgrade then do so. The worst part is to realize that you spent 1,000$ on something you can't fully utilize.

:werd:

Buy a vlsd first, learn on that, and once you've gotten good at that then upgrade to a clutch type. Like fleaf siad, it doesnt make sense to buy a $1000 lsd when you cant even really fully utilize it. Just my $.02. :)

Vatche
01-12-2004, 06:49 AM
theres like huge threads on this subject, i know because i got told too....