PDA

View Full Version : s13 sohc white smoke at idle???

S13royalrevolt
02-02-2012, 07:37 PM
my ka24e is smokin white with a tad bit of blue and yes it does burn oil but like a quart a week or so it smokes at idle but ounce its being driven smoke is gone no idle problems that i can feel no signs of coolant in the oil or oil in coolant no lag in power runs clean just smokes at startup or while at idle in traffic or anywhere really changed o2 went back to stock exhaust with cat and nothing really trippin me out im thinkin valve seals but would like other thoughts about this from someone who has or is experiencing the same issue its my current dd so really need it to stop the FUCKEN SMOKE LOL thanx!

Pro ViZIon
02-03-2012, 08:36 AM
Well white smoke is usually coolant. Your head gasket may be on its way out. That's the only way It's gonna go into the combustion chamber.

jesse_s13
02-03-2012, 08:40 AM
could just be condensation at start up...

S13royalrevolt
02-03-2012, 11:27 AM
funny part is that it doesnt show me no other symptoms for a blownhead gasket,,, and condensation idk it wouldnt have that gassy smell or be slightly blue

rcdad123
02-03-2012, 11:32 AM
well you said it burns a quart of oil a week. to me that is A LOT. and since it does not smoke under power, i would say valve stem seals are bad. time for a top end rebuild.