Full race turbo with t3/t61
Greedy intake manifold.
Dwerk's 660cc injectors
Z32 mafs
3" turbo back exhaust
Waldo fuel pump
Pulley kit
RS Enthalapy rom tune ecu

That's about the just of the main components.
Car will start and stall within 5 seconds .
Unplug Mafs and it idles perfect but won't rev past 2000-2500 then starts backfiring. Plug mafs back in and car dies right away and will not idle. I have NO vacumn leaks. With mafs unplugged vacumn is 19-20 psi.
All my grounds and hooked up.
Mafs is wired correctly ( checked it 3 times).

Does anybody have any ideas?

Chay G
02-01-2012, 06:54 PM
maybe your maf is out of range

HATchTRICK
02-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Out of range???
What does that mean and how do I test to find out?

ultimateirving
02-01-2012, 07:24 PM
maybe ur maf is bad? Did u just upgrade to z32 maf? how was the car running before or is it fresh swap?

jr_ss
02-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Sounds like a dead MAF...

HATchTRICK
02-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Brief run down of what went on here.
Swap was done like 7-8 years ago.
Removed motor for a complete vehicle make over 6 years ago. Got pushed to back burner with lot of other things going on in my life for a while. Now I'm back to working on the car again.
Motor was removed for body work and painting the engine bay. While the motor we out I got a full race turbo kit, greddy intake manifold, 660 cc injectors, enthalapy rom tune, new inter cooler piping, z32 maf, pulley kit, and other minor upgrades.
The mafs was a refurb from autozone, all I could find at the time and needed it ASAP.
Then car sat for 6 years in storage. I got everything hooked back up and now I'm having issues with starting and idling with mafs plugged in.

HATchTRICK
02-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Any other suggestions?

HATchTRICK
02-03-2012, 11:22 AM
tried a new mafs today. Same results.

here is the updated version to what happens.

the motor ran great. Installed new 660cc injectors,z32 mafs and rom tune. Now it wont idle.

tried 2 seperate mafs and still wont idle without unpluggin mafs. with mafs unplugged it idles perfect, but will not rev past 2000-2500 rpm.

is it possible my rom tune was not done for a z32 mafs????
would that caue these problems?

snafupossum
02-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Sounds like a bad rom tune to me. As soon as you plug in the maf, the fuel map isn't doing the correct fueling. Try with a regular sr maf.

HATchTRICK
02-03-2012, 12:20 PM
thats what it seems like it boiling down to.

I would try a stock mafs, but i do not have one, and my harness is now wired for Z32 MAFS.

HATchTRICK
02-05-2012, 06:30 AM
Any other suggestions?

cotbu
02-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Assuming you have no vacuum leaks and everything is working correctly(timing), I'd say the k is wrong and so is the latency. Did enthalpy know the type of injectors? specifically DW660 cc's.
I don't know if these are modified stock 370's or a generic re drilled set. It makes a difference and you could call DW to get that info. Or you could dump the bin and send me a copy and I'll look. In the meantime check for codes and vacuum leaks.
You want to know the injector latency.

HATchTRICK
02-05-2012, 08:48 PM
There is not me problem. I do not have my paperwork for the injectors anywhere!
I told him the exact injectors when I did the tune.
Derek's can find a record of me buying the injectors either. So I am kinda stuff as of right now.
I'm hoping t get ahold of enthalapy soon hopefully. I am oping he keeps records of his tunes, and possibly it overlooked and not tuned for the mafs.
I will continue to look for the injector paperwork too in the meantime.

Cotbu.....Are you a rom tuner as well?
I went over every vac line with no leaks already. The car idles perfect without the maf plugged in.

cotbu
02-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Yes I am, but here I'm just Tech Support.
When you start the car with the mafs plugged in or out is the check engine light or the ecu diagnostic light on while the engine is running?
Take a look at your chips, send me some pics.
I can write you a quick kvalue change just to see if it starts.
It wouldn't surprise me if you have an s13 sr tune!

HATchTRICK
02-06-2012, 07:56 AM
There is NO diagnostic light in my ecu anymore. And i am not sure the engine light is connected to the ecu either because it never comes on saying there is a problem either.

cotbu
02-06-2012, 08:33 AM
I would really like to see the tune, but if you have no means of dumping it, You would have to pull the chips and ship them to me, but then again you could just ship them to enthalpy and he could already have your purchase on file and know what to send you. Thus cutting the downtime. Try to contact Enthalpy, and if you still have no luck hit me up!
Call or Text
302-eight9eight-23sixsix Snoop