PDA

View Full Version : ka24de cams(no turbo)

Goldeneye9mm
02-01-2012, 06:35 PM
I have an interest in putting bigger cams in my ka24de and I don't have any immediate plans to turbo charge my car if ever. All the cams I find are quoted as being "for turbo" and I really don't want to do that so what company makes a decent cam for an NA setup or am I just reading to far into it and those cams will work for my interest?

Walperstyle
02-01-2012, 06:52 PM
If you go to any major cam site, they have non-turbo cams

such as www.crower.com They have like 5 different KA cams.

Also, no cams should just be simply 'dropped in'.

When you do your timing, I made some videos. Search youtube, 'upper timing explained', 'lower timing explained'. Specific for KA engines.

Also, if you are interested in making good power, get a Stand-alone ECU first. ...Then consider other things. Your ECU can unlock a lot of extra power. ...but then you also will also probably want larger injectors, larger fuel pump, etc. Its a drug.

Goldeneye9mm
02-02-2012, 07:49 AM
I understand the drug. I've been through some Sr's and I want to do some non turbo power so I figured a good set of cams and some minor tuning would got me going. I'll check out crower and see what they offer. Thanks for the input. Btw I know I said drop in but I ment one that would support a non turbo setup. I want some instant throttle response.

rcdad123
02-02-2012, 10:27 AM
bigger cams won`t get you instant throttle response unless you are already on high rpm`,s when you drop the throttle. bigger cams move the power band higher. if you want instant throttle response, get a programmable ecu so you can re map the ignition and fuel maps for better response.

Leetfade
02-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Have to agree with those above in regards to ECU / tuning giving you better results. But, to answer your questions, Brian Crower and JWT are what I'm seeing for N/A cams.

The Kelford, HKS, etc, etc seem to be focused on the SR and KA-T.