PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new mechanic LA area

dkim1985
02-01-2012, 06:21 PM
So my stock radiator finally went to sh*t and i bought a Koyo radiator with OBX hoses and a overflow tank replacement...and now my current mechanic won't install any of it because they're not OEM parts and doesn't know if it'll fit correctly and doesn't want to be responsible for any damages..even after i told him they're all direct replacements and dont need any modifications..his answer was "ohh..i don't think soo..."
:bash:

so now i am required to find a new mechanic and tow my car for a third time just to replace some parts...
i'm currently in Torrance, CA..if anybody has any suggestions..please feel free to reply.

:picardfp:

Mitsubayati
02-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Is it really that hard to do it yourself? If that's all you are replacing it's just a couple of bolts holding everything in.

fliprayzin240sx
02-01-2012, 06:39 PM
How about you ask in the sectional area...I bet somebody can put that shit in there for you. Shit takes no more than 30 mins to swap and bleed.

SinGarage
02-01-2012, 06:39 PM
He probably got blamed previously for installing aftermarket parts and probably didn't work correctly. Anyways, it shouldn't take you more than 1 to 1 1/2 hours to install said parts. It actually take longer to drain/fill and burp the radiator with coolant.

rcdad123
02-01-2012, 07:09 PM
i`m hesitant too some times when a customer comes in and wants aftermarket parts put in because if they don`t work, they expect me to remove and replace them for free.

dkim1985
02-01-2012, 07:39 PM
He probably got blamed previously for installing aftermarket parts and probably didn't work correctly. Anyways, it shouldn't take you more than 1 to 1 1/2 hours to install said parts. It actually take longer to drain/fill and burp the radiator with coolant.
Thats what I figured as well. Except I know someone that works at Koyorad. I actually designed their corp and racing website and picked up the radiator in person at their warehouse. If it didn't work for whatever reason, I could easily get it replaced.

I would replace everything myself except I don't have the time nor the proper tools. Plus, I would trust the mechanic to notice anything out of the ordinary and let me know. I don't mind helping out the local community and spending money to get something done from someone who has the experience and knows what they're doing.
While the car is being worked on, it'll give me time to get my own work done.

Mitsubayati
02-01-2012, 11:12 PM
You only need a 10mm socket, an extension and a ratchet. lol

Walperstyle
02-02-2012, 01:25 AM
When you are done installing, run the car with the cap off the radiator to help remove any air from the system. Rev the car a few times, but keep an eye on the temperature.

dkim1985
02-03-2012, 12:03 PM
got it installed..ran the car for a bit..seems to be good.

is there anything else i should be looking out for besides just watching the temp?