PDA

View Full Version : Ka24de swap, injectors not spraying?

chronic_connor
01-31-2012, 07:44 PM
Whats up guys. Long time reader, first time poster. I've searched the forum and many other sites and I'm kinda stumped.
I'm trying to finish up my ka24de swap in my 1990 hatch. Like the title says the injectors arn't firing. There's definately fuel in the lines, the fuel pump works, I used a test light and it looks like the injectors are getting power. I tried using a friends ecu and that didn't change anything, all the grounds look good. The five wires from the harness are connected to the body harness, I actually even hooked the red and black wires up as well because they had corresponding wires. The ecu, harness, motor, tranny all came from the same donor car. I wouldn't think all four injectors are bad? I'm happy to answer any questions, and any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Walperstyle
01-31-2012, 07:51 PM
What ECU do you have? what kind of voltage do you get to your injectors? Also, do you actually hear your fuel pump prime before you start the car?

have you tried putting the pedal to the floor and starting it?

chronic_connor
01-31-2012, 07:58 PM
The ecu has a 28 on it, my friends from another ka24de (different number on the ecu) didn't change anything though. Not sure on the voltage I've only used the test light. I have a multitester handy but the prongs are too large to fit in the injectors. Yeah the fuel pump is definately on. I took an injector out and turned the battery on and fuel came spewing out from where the injector should have been. Yeah I've tried flooring it.

Also I've traded the two relays in the fuse box and that didn't change anything either.

rcdad123
01-31-2012, 08:20 PM
swap a known good distributor. the crank angle sensor is in the distributor. if the ecu does not see rpm signal, it won`t fire the injectors.

chronic_connor
02-01-2012, 09:33 PM
I put in trusted distributor and nothing has changed

Pro ViZIon
02-03-2012, 08:31 AM
You must have a wiring issue of some sort then.

Walperstyle
02-03-2012, 08:37 AM
man I am so nervous when I see people tell other people to swap a dizzy.

Did you make sure when you swapped distributors that it was correctly stabbed exactly the way you took the old one out? (either way, you have should be smelling fuel i suppose)

The KA, was it a s13 or s14 you swapped in? S13 has external coil, s14 has coil built into the dizzy. You also should have a matching ECU too, preferably.

chronic_connor
02-03-2012, 06:43 PM
When installing the distributor I set it at TDC and made sure the rotor was pointing at cylinder #1 once fully inserted. This is correct?
The KA is from an s13, it has an external coil, the ECU came from the same donor car.

A few wiring questions..
On the lower engine harness, the large black with red stripe ground goes to the starter right?

This is the right place for the starter ground right?
http://i39.tinypic.com/2cy06kl.jpg

What does this plug into? I don't see a port for it.
http://i43.tinypic.com/28bzo83.jpg

The second wire from the right, the black one, it's also a ground but it's been cut and I'm not sure where it goes. It comes from a plug that's near the battery tray, but has other grounds crimped into it. It goes to the alternator right?
http://i41.tinypic.com/n1b0h5.jpg

chronic_connor
02-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Anybody?

Also does anybody know where the ground from the shock tower comes from? Mine seems to be non-existent.

chronic_connor
02-05-2012, 03:21 PM
I've been looking at the FSM, and if you take a look at page 14 it says that Black wire E207 goes to a E210 body ground (shock tower). But in my car both E207's (black and white) are fixed to E203, the same plug that the White wire E207 is intendid to connect to. Should I cut off Black E207 at E203 and make it a body ground?

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/240sx/91-94/EL.pdf

Layout on page 14, picture on page 101

chronic_connor
02-06-2012, 05:34 PM
So instead of Black E207 going to E210, it goes to E203. Can someone explain to me why it's like this or what I should do about this. Any help would be appreciated before I go cutting wires.

chronic_connor
02-06-2012, 07:46 PM
I added the body ground from the alternator and the injectors still have yet to spray. I have no other ideas except buy a new harness. Any advice is appreciated

chronic_connor
02-09-2012, 06:16 PM
new harness worked, thanks guys