PDA

View Full Version : s13 hatch rewire?

m80glostick
01-24-2012, 04:09 PM
hello. so i just connected my new hatch to my 240 because the old one had that rust sponge of a spoiler on it and well...... rotted out the old one. now ive noticed that the wiring on the "new" hatch is all cracked and needs new wiring and that the ruber grommets are ripped. i was wondering 1. where can i find more grommets? and 2. what size wire i should use to rewire the ground(driver side) and the power(passenger side).

p.s. the driver side ground is shared with the ground for your antenna. so the rear defroster and antenna are spliced into the same connector.

also attaching hatch to car mechanically is about a 2-3 person job because the freaking thing weighs about 40 lbs. and the angle for getting those bolts back in are a pain in the ass.

conrad_s13.5
01-25-2012, 08:01 AM
so u just snipped ur old wiring to pull the original hatch off?

if you didnt throw that away yet or can still get to it,. id pull it out and reuse it.
Universal grommets wont work,. so next best would be a junk yard or nissan

m80glostick
01-25-2012, 08:41 AM
nissan doesnt make the grommet anymore. part number 2426040501. i did think about a univeral grommet but why wont this work? also the old wiring was the same way. cracked and breaking off, not a big problem on ground wires to much but on power is kinda a big issue.

Darren
01-25-2012, 01:01 PM
can't use the parts from the original hatch? that's all i did.... cut, solder and shrinkwrap

conrad_s13.5
01-26-2012, 08:05 AM
^ pretty much!

universal grommets may fit,. but theres no way its gonna keep it weather proof like the stock ones do. And the hatch doesnt seal thaaat tight,. so all that waters gonna make its way in your hatch eventually too,....which is a pain.

edit: i just spent like 10mins looking threw www.courtesyparts.com....lol

couldnt find it,. but im sure its in there somewhere!

NooKa
03-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Just found the grommets:
NissanParts.cc - Your #1 Source for OEM Parts and Accessories (http://www.nissanparts.cc/catalog/?section=1343)

Have no idea about the site, but for $10, if yours are shot to hell it's worth it.

- Nick

Darren
03-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Such a pain to pull that wiring through though!

Good luck!