PDA

View Full Version : Someone help me figure this out!!!!

240drift916
01-24-2012, 12:18 AM
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w114/bobman8572/Untitled-1.jpg

Okay so I bought my coupe with a destroyed half an engine harness, can someone please help me figure out where the hell this last connector goes?
Its an 89 manual coupe, with a single cam KA, also does anyone know if this connector not being plugged in is the reason I'm not getting spark? I've searched for like 2 days now, also checked through the fsm.

Tokona-x
01-24-2012, 12:26 AM
Ive seen those connectors on auto 240's if you have a stock five speed then you won't have that plug on your car. As for the spark issue did you check your coil are you getting power to it at all any fuses blown? I'd go from there

240drift916
01-24-2012, 04:24 AM
I have no spark at the coil, it's getting 12v to it just no spark, replaced it, and the ignition control module and the harness came out of my friends running 90 5 speed when he swapped to sr, I'm seriously at my wits end with this any more input?

Tantwoforty
01-24-2012, 09:46 AM
That plugs into the auto tranny control box. It wont make you not have spark, im useing a auto harness on my 5 speed after i caught it in my fan and raped my 5 speed one.
Check the coil again, check the grounds on the harness, the one near the injectors and the one near the firewall.
check the ECU aswell.
Also it wont spark if its not getting signal from the dizzy plug. so the dizzy should also be checked. remember it uses the dizzy as a cam angle sensor to know when to spark.
Although this info is from a dohc, but i cant imagine its much different