PDA

View Full Version : ka24de& 5 speed swap problems!

Sweetz
01-20-2012, 09:18 AM
well, i have a 1990 240sx, was auto tragic with blown motor. so i threw in a friends fully running ka24de/5 speed swap that was/is in amazing condition. first problem was key wouldn't start the car.. so we bypassed the starter signal wire, but never got even a back fire.. googled, found out we had to 'jump' two auto wires under the passenger fuse panel, i could then start with key and i got some shotgun sounding random back fires, then we played with the dizzy and then tps as well. and haven't found a way to get it going. we smell fuel/see fuel in cylinders. all plugs have spark. not sure where to go from here. i'm googling as much as i can.. does anyone know of anyother common problems/things that need to be done? i can only presume something within' the dash wiring/auto swap holding it back.

engine is a 98, tranny is a 95, converted to s13, s13 harness/ecu/etc.

Pro ViZIon
01-20-2012, 02:29 PM
Check your wiring at the harness plug under the dash. I would also check that your timing is set correctly and not 180 out or something.

Tantwoforty
01-21-2012, 02:52 AM
your using the s13 intake manifold right?
my money is on timing as far as it not starting. TPS wouldent do that. KA's will start with almost nothing hooked up if they have timing spark and fuel..
set it back to TDC and reset the dizzy
Oh wait, your using a s13 dizzy also right?