PDA

View Full Version : Need technical input on Fuel System Setup.

GroundPerformance
01-16-2012, 06:20 PM
I'm deciding on what fuel system configuration to run on my S13 KA24DET setup. I need it to be basic setup and good enough to support E85 and around 600whp. Below is what I have in mind at the moment and just need to know some PROs and CONs in comparison to other Dual pump configurations either Inline, Y-Fitting and others. Nothing is set in stone at the moment but unless I see major issues with this configuration I will be proceeding as planned.

To make this work on S13 I will add and extra fuel port the stock fuel assembly for the fuel return. I plan on using all the stock fuel hardlines currently on the chassis. From the hardlines to dual 6an hoses/fitting feeding the rail on both ends.

Stock Fuel Hard Lines;
Before >>>> After
Fuel Feed Line >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fuel Feed Line 1
Fuel Return Line >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fuel Feed Line 2
Fuel Charcoal Canister Line >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fuel Return Line

Some Illustration.
http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/6278/fuelsystems.jpg

R33E8
01-16-2012, 07:52 PM
Well it seems like the way you are going you won't need any y-fittings.. Parallel is definitely better than series if you need more fuel(e85).. You only need series if you plan on running really high boost or run a high base pressure with your FPR... I forgot the general rule but I think it's like 1.25x fuel increase with series and 2x fuel increase with parallel.. I assume you already know you need at least 1600cc injectors? You might also want to run your second fuel pump off of a pressure switch and relay..

I've never seen or heard of anyone using the charcoal canister line as a fuel return.. Interesting setup.. You should be able to flow enough using the 2 hard lines as a feed..

jr_ss
01-16-2012, 08:27 PM
Don't waste your time with the factory lines... Run both your pumps into a Y and use a -8 or -10 for your main feed. Then Y into two -6's to feed both sides of the rail. You can use one of your factory lines for your return.

Supra guys run this same setup with twin walbro's and put down 8-900 wheel all the time.

GroundPerformance
01-17-2012, 01:11 PM
Well it seems like the way you are going you won't need any y-fittings.. Parallel is definitely better than series if you need more fuel(e85).. You only need series if you plan on running really high boost or run a high base pressure with your FPR... I forgot the general rule but I think it's like 1.25x fuel increase with series and 2x fuel increase with parallel.. I assume you already know you need at least 1600cc injectors? You might also want to run your second fuel pump off of a pressure switch and relay..

I've never seen or heard of anyone using the charcoal canister line as a fuel return.. Interesting setup.. You should be able to flow enough using the 2 hard lines as a feed..

Thanks! I've actually got confirmation from a local tuner that he had actually done this same configuration and made up to 750whp. Basicly ran it just like you said the 2nd pump on pressure switch which activates when boost pressure hit 10psi. So this confirms my setup and will be retaining it.

Don't waste your time with the factory lines... Run both your pumps into a Y and use a -8 or -10 for your main feed. Then Y into two -6's to feed both sides of the rail. You can use one of your factory lines for your return.

Supra guys run this same setup with twin walbro's and put down 8-900 wheel all the time.

I'm trying to keep the setup as simple and without too much compromise. dual dedicated 6an feeds is plenty for my power goals. Thanks for the input!

NiSilS14
01-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Not to completely disregard your setup, but you can make a simpler setup for 600whp. Save you a headache from trying to shove two pumps in already contorted gas tank. Have you thought about feeding a single bosch 044 in a surge tank out to -6an (min) feed? This is does pose a problem of having external fuel parts in your trunk.

jr_ss
01-17-2012, 04:33 PM
This setup is good for 700+ using a Bosch 044... Simple and easy, and what NiSil is refering to. However, you still need to increase the size of your feed line.

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt352/jr_ss/240sxstripped013.jpg?t=1325975888

89JDM240sx
01-17-2012, 04:41 PM

Agreed... I have a fully built race Rb25 and I'm using deatchswerks 1600cc with 1 ext Aeromotive pump and 2 355lph. Motor was built for 1000+ so you should be good with your KA...

GroundPerformance
01-17-2012, 04:59 PM
What's odd is this Supra guys says otherwise. I do like the surge tank option so it will be something I would consider.

Fuel System ?: Dual -6an lines or single -8an line? (http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?40190-Fuel-System-Dual-6an-lines-or-single-8an-line)