PDA

View Full Version : 89 240sx FB Wont start, Blinking interior, Clicking sound

shortstackk
12-30-2011, 03:27 PM
I bout a 89 240 about a month ago and have been driving it since, Ive done seafoam, changed oil, spark plugs, errythang like that and it drove amazing until last night,

I parked it at a friends house and came out 2 hours later and it wouldnt start. I can pull my key out while car is on and i think i turned the car off and somehow it stayed on "on" or it moved.. This morning i try to start it and i heard a clicking noise idk from where, and when i open my door my interior lights blink when i put the key to "start" everything dies (interior lights, dash/clock), Help?!:eek3:

When i bought the car it already had a wired push start (proabaly cause the starter was dead) but he lived in the city so he said "so people cant steal it", I have googled like a mofo:tinhat: and cant figure what it is. Battery reads 12.4v, let me know if anyone has suggestions.

anarchyperf
12-30-2011, 04:10 PM
Sounds like a dead battery. Did you try jumping it?

shortstackk
12-30-2011, 04:11 PM
Yes I tried jumping it and pop the clutch to start it and nothing worked.

S-Nation S13
12-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Make sure all connection to battery are tight, and check your grounds..happened to me, and it was the connection to the post that was loose

shortstackk
12-31-2011, 01:55 AM
Will try that thanks,

shortstackk
12-31-2011, 10:51 AM
Make sure all connection to battery are tight, and check your grounds..happened to me, and it was the connection to the post that was loose

Tried that, no luck.. any suggestions anyone?

Edwin562
12-31-2011, 11:01 AM
have you tested the starter?? my lil brother had similar problem and ended up being bad solenoid on the starter.

shortstackk
12-31-2011, 12:10 PM
have you tested the starter?? my lil brother had similar problem and ended up being bad solenoid on the starter.

Would it still be a solenoid if I already have a push start button wired to the starter? But no I havent tested it, How do i?

herbieS13
12-31-2011, 12:28 PM
you can tap on it with a hammer while someone else is trying to start it and yes it could still be the starter even if a push button is installed. the car still needs a starter to to start the car

shortstackk
12-31-2011, 12:32 PM
you can tap on it with a hammer while someone else is trying to start it and yes it could still be the starter even if a push button is installed. the car still needs a starter to to start the car

Alright well ill try the hammer thing and see how it goes, If it starts It shows I need a whole new starter?