PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP 91 coupe with 98 motor wiring!

l2d
12-30-2011, 01:27 PM
I have a 91 s13 coupe, I recently bought a 98 model s14 motor and everything fits up fine, but I'm having a hard time with the wiring. There is a lot of extra clips and plugs that apparently go no where and also I am missing the plug that is right next to the throttle body, it is no where to be found. Has anyone done this that could shine a little light on this situation for me. Also due to the harness that is on the chassis I have a hot wire running from the ignition to the wire on the starter solenoid.

gunmetalr32
12-30-2011, 01:30 PM
The easiest way would be to run the 91-94 dohc harness and ecu
You will need the 91-94 distributer and coil since the 95-98 on is built in. you will need the 91-94 maf

l2d
12-30-2011, 01:41 PM
But I have the full motor and ecu that came with the s14 motor, and i have the connection for the distributor, maf, and I even have the s14 computer as well. The main thing I was wondering is if the harness that is run in the chassis even need to be there considering I have everything for the s14 motor. I just think I'm missing connections and clips and I don't under stand how considering I watched the guy i bought this motor from pull it right in front of me and I drove it not even an hour before he pulled it, lol unless those connections i am missing dont mean shit. I'm just having a hard time.

Taylor008
01-02-2012, 07:11 AM
You can. You will need both FSM's. You will need to wire in an ignition and ecu relay, s14 utilizes these in the cabin, s13 does not. You should see the two blue plugs for these relays next to the ecu plug and interior plug.

The other is a larger white (or blue...?) Interior harness plug. This has all the wires needed for your gauges, fuel pump, starter, etc. Wire it up with FSM's.

There are sometimes two plugs on the throttle body. You need one or the other, not both. One has a plug with wire on it, the other is, like you said, right next to the body.

You will also need a new coolant temp SENDER. For your dash, not your ECU. The heater hoses are gonna be a bit janky but grab some adapters and you'll be fine.

I would listen to that Guy. I did this and didn't have the wiring experience necessary at the time, so I ended up getting the s13 dizzy, ecu, coil, and mafs.

Good luck.

Taylor008
01-02-2012, 07:13 AM
The reasons you have unused plugs is because your car is a 91. Isn't that self explanatory....?