PDA

View Full Version : Car Won't Start - Ignition issue *I think*

Matt_240
12-31-2003, 02:35 PM
A little background first:

Ever since I let my car sit at a shop for a couple months(yeah, they took forever to do the 5spd conversion) ive had to fiddle with the ignition to get it to turn over. Ive since then learned the trick, which is to put the key in turn it up and towards the right. Usually id have to try at least twice to get it to turn over.

Yesterday:

Takes me a loong time of fiddling to get it to start in the morning. then it takes me even longer that afternoon (about 30 mins of fiddling with the ignition). I have blisters on my fingers from trying. but when it finally connected with the starter, it started up like a champ.

Today:

When I try and start it, theres no noise from the starter. The lights, radio work. Fuses are fine. I just changed the battery a month or two ago and the starter has been changed a few months back as well. I dont have an alarm. Ive been readinig through peoples posts and i think it has to do with the ignition switch.

but anyone else have any other suggestions? is there a way to test to see if it is the ignition switch? also, if it is the ignition switch, is there a way i can fix it, w/o having to have to pay nissan $200.

THANKS!!

sil_8t
01-01-2004, 05:07 PM
have someone turn the key all the way foward and get a test light and check before the ingnitor module then plug it inthen check after it if it lights its ok..also you can check the plugs by the key(i dont know if you messed with it or not?

hope it helps

-john