PDA

View Full Version : 300z hubs and suspension

Nolaws4evr
12-30-2003, 11:02 PM
Ok, a little background first. My brother had a 1990 300zx manual that he totalled a few weeks ago. I have a base 95 240sx that I recently wrecked and messed up some suspension parts on. mainly the rear right hub and possible the k member.

anyways, what I want to do should be clear, but I help you out a little. Im going to rape and pillage the 300 for everything that could possibly make my car better. namely the wheels, hubs, brake system, vlsd.

I already know the rear hubs will bolt on, and the fronts will work with the se abs joint things. what I want to know is if when I buy either some struts or coilovers are they going to bolt on correctly???? would it be better to use the 300s output shafts too since they may be stronger?? and what exact parts will I need to make this all work correctly??

Thanks, Josh

WilloW
12-30-2003, 11:12 PM
Rear hubs will work if your brother have a nonturbo model, as for the front hubs you've got to use the s14 SE front hub.

Nolaws4evr
12-31-2003, 08:42 AM
oh yeah, sorry, it is a NA 300zx. why is it that everyone says you cant use the front hubs from the 300?? Ive got the entire car to source parts from, shouldnt it be possible??

Josh

mrmephistopheles
12-31-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Nolaws4evr
Ive got the entire car to source parts from, shouldnt it be possible??
Uhmmm... just because you have the parts available doesn't mean it'll work..

The parts are DIFFERENT. They don't fit.
Shit, maybe if you remove the front hubs from the Z32 spindles and slapped them on the S13 it might work.. I've never tried it. Who knows?
However, most of our cross-fitment knowledge comes from japan, and I've NEVER heard of Z32 front hubs working.

mbmbmb23
12-31-2003, 11:22 PM
You can use the rear Z32 spindles+shocks+ control arms. You can use all the calipers, brake MC, ebrake, VLSD (not sure about the axles, you might need pre 95 J30 axles or 180sx axles). You MAY be able to swap the entire subframe onto your S13 chassis. Try measuring the distance between mounting points for the subframe connections. If you did this, you'd be able to use the 300zx axles. Only issue I can think of is whether or not the 240sx driveshaft would be the right size to match right up with the Z32 NA rear subframe.

-m

s13srmadness
01-01-2004, 11:44 AM
z32 has one two long axles.
240 has one long and one short.
you can use one z32 axle.
stronger? who knows...
it's common knowledge that z32 hubs wont work up front, but i annot recall anyone actually trying...
if you use the rear z32 calipers you'll have no ebrake unless you find a way to splice the cables.
do yourself a favor and buy the caliper re-seal kits from nissan for all calipers. should cost around $50.

Nolaws4evr
01-01-2004, 11:52 PM
ok thanks for all the help guys. one thing, its an S14 like I said in my first post. I think I will end up tryin to fit the front hubs and see what happens just for shits and giggles. also, does anyone know of a way to make the ebrake work, has it been done before?? anyways, thanks again guys.

Josh

DRFT
01-02-2004, 12:13 AM
i dont think it will fit, but try it anyways. BTW, sorry if this is a little ot and i am hijacking your thread, but if i do a 5 lug swap i can't use the base model s14 knucle right? just want to clear things up cause i can get one for myself.

mbmbmb23
01-02-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by DRFT
i dont think it will fit, but try it anyways. BTW, sorry if this is a little ot and i am hijacking your thread, but if i do a 5 lug swap i can't use the base model s14 knucle right? just want to clear things up cause i can get one for myself.

Get the 4 lug hub pressed off the S14 spindle and press on the 5 lug. All S14 spindles are the same, although some have ABS sensors and others are non ABS.

-m