PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Tranny Parts? / How to build strongest tranny

transient
12-26-2003, 12:42 PM
I'm looking at building a bulletproof tranny eventually, and I was wondering what, exactly, I should be looking for to help me with this. Are there any aftermarket transmission parts available for the 240's tranny? Is something like Cryo-treating an option?

Also, does anyone know if the SR / CA trannies are the same as the KA tranny? I was under the impression, previously, that if you swap the bellhousing you're all set. Just wanted to get that confirmed.

Thanks in advance :)

Flybert
12-26-2003, 02:28 PM
OS Giken makes a gear set for the KA tranny now. Check them out. Enonvativ Force is the official supplier for OS Giken so give them a call. Expensive shit though!!!

Yeah, you can use a KA tranny with the SR bellhousing. Same gearing. The only difference is the final drive if I remember correctly.

drifties151
12-26-2003, 05:54 PM
i had a level 10 transmission kit in my old s14 with a bad ass 3500 rpm torque converterer. this thing held up to alot of abuse... it went through a t3 turbo setup and a 150 shot nitrous setup for 12,000 miles without a hitch. level ten = two thumbs up if you dig autos.

GlacierFreeze
12-26-2003, 11:20 PM
SR and KA tranny differ in the 5th gear. Final drive the same.

transient
12-27-2003, 01:21 AM
Well, I'm more worried about the CA's tranny because that's what engine I'm getting, but it's possible to swap the bellhousing?

Also, I'm not fond of auto's at all. I find they keep you in the wrong gear constantly and downshift at the worst of times (read, me cornering at full throttle because I'm in the wrong gear and the tranny downshifting making me lose control for a second. Luckily I felt it coming and let off the gas quickly.)

So OS Giken makes a gearset? I'll have to check it out. Thanks for all the info :D

Ghettokracker71
12-27-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by drifties151
i had a level 10 transmission kit in my old s14 with a bad ass 3500 rpm torque converterer. this thing held up to alot of abuse... it went through a t3 turbo setup and a 150 shot nitrous setup for 12,000 miles without a hitch. level ten = two thumbs up if you dig autos.

Hey man...know of anything for S13 AOD ?

Evil S14
12-28-2003, 12:05 AM
every time i busted my tranny (im on the 3rd one in 2 years) it was always a shift fork breaking, so i was thinking maybe there was a way to get the shift fork hardened before assembling the transmission, of course i have no idea what material its made of though

transient
12-28-2003, 12:37 AM
Hmm, that's definately something to think about. Another thing I just thought of is driveline loss, tho. Is there any way to make the transmission any more efficient or anything? Would that aftermarket gearset help that in any way?

Evil S14
12-28-2003, 02:01 AM
i think most of the driveline loss could be solved with lightening of any of the rotating assmebly, but that might also weaken the tranny, lightened flywheel and driveshaft should reduce some of that loss

drifties151
12-28-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Ghettokracker71
Hey man...know of anything for S13 AOD ?

im pretty sure as far as level ten goes... all RWD nissan setups work the same. so my trans had stuff that would fit into s13 and 300zx plus hardbody truck etc. check them out, they have all sorts of stages/prices. my catalog is old from 1999 so im not sure if all my info is up to date. http://www.levelten.com/