PDA

View Full Version : s13 need help with new rim sizes

ryan hagen
12-26-2003, 12:47 AM
so i did the search and now feel dumber for having looked, seems when most people as this question it turns into a giant battle, lots of insulting and b.s. being that i lost track of the b.s. fighting etc. i didnt find my answer by the search, although i did learn new words, and my voacabulary is somewhat larger.

ok i have a s13 fast back
i was wondering if 5Zigen FN01R-C in the size of:
17 by 9 + 35 or +15 would fit in the back
and
17 by 8 +25, +35

i need to do some kinda wide body in the rear and maybe the front, my rear fender on pass side is hurt, so i need the wider fedner to hide it..... so if someone could give me some idea of what rim would work and how far the others would stick out.

right now i run stock 15" se wheels with 20mm spacers rear, and 10 mm spacer front and i am almost flush with the car lowered 2" i tried to rig my own wheel width+ offset calculator, but i m still unsure...........any help would be awsome, i dont want a war here.......no scentific data on weight is needed, i am sold on the widths and rims, i jsut wanna make sure they fit before i make a 1000$ mistake, plus the 5 lug swap i am getting........

FastBack 240
12-26-2003, 12:58 AM
my 17's are 215/45/ 7'' and they barely fit the coils and front wheel well. But u could make anything work with time.

ryan hagen
12-26-2003, 01:02 AM
i had 17 by 7"+42, but i m getting rid of them, thats why i have stock se wheels right now with spacers..........i blew $100 on spacers to get rims not wide enough to carry tires wide enough for my purpose.........any help or experience with 17 by 8 or by 9 on a s13 fast back, super help thanks

had 225-40-17 rear and 215-45-17 front for tires, with the spacers i had no problems, but i need more rubber, as i build my new motor with alot more power, the n/a set up i have still has medocre traction.