PDA

View Full Version : crimestopper cs-2011rs

n240sx
12-24-2003, 04:55 PM
I'm about to begin installation of a crimestopper cs-2011rs series 2 alarm with keyless entry and remote start in my 5-spd. '91 240sx hatch w/ power everything, and i was wondering if there was some things i need to know to help with the installation.

Thanks

holisticbeatz
12-24-2003, 09:28 PM
Wire tap-ins make the job so much easier.

twitchy
12-25-2003, 08:23 PM
be patient

um...youll need a special relay for the locks if im not mistaken

have a full day set aside

its a LOT of work

cdigity
12-27-2003, 06:24 PM
Wire tap-ins make the job so much easier.

DO NOT USE THOSE!!

wire tap-ins are hack!
take your time and do it right.
i own a stereo shop and would fire
any of my guys for using those things!
i dont even keep em in stock.
over time, they actually cut right through
the wire where you tapped it.

also, the cs2011 rs is not made for a manual transmission
very dangerous. you might say you'll never leave your car
in gear, but believe me, at some point, someone or you will
leave it in gear. then you'll get to chase it down the street,
or watch it start right into a wall or another car.
there are companies that make manual transmission
alarm and remote starts.
i sell crimestopper, but i use ast ultra start for all of
my manual transmission installs.

here is a wire sheet for you too hope it helps:

http://www.directechs.com/directwire/wire_body.asp?action=select&yr=259&product=Remote+Start

DuffMan
12-28-2003, 09:37 AM
You can use the stock nissan door actuators for keyless entry. The 2 wires are a green-ish color (one has a black stripe) and the easiest place to tap into them is by taking off the door pannel on the drivers side. The 2 wires are also in the harness that goes all arround the engine bay, so it can be done with out running extra wires into the door, but its difficult because its in a trunk of like 50 wires.

Use the diagram in the instructions for 1 aftermarket actuator. The stock driver actutator works fine with reversing the polarity to unlock it (aftermarket actuator style), and the passanger side will follow whatever the drivers side does, so if you do it like that, the 240sx is the easiest car to install keyless entry in, just 2 wires. I've had mine set up like that for a while now, no problems.

gfisch
12-30-2003, 10:42 AM
Yeah, I ve got the same alarm, and the keyless entry is real easy to wire up.
Just tap into the two wires, use the negative trigger outputs from the alarm im pretty sure. Done need any relays or aftermarket acutators. Well, unless you want to make the driver and passenger side independent which the alarm supports. But probably not worth it.
Or, if you wanna do something custom, i think im gonna put one in for the trunk so i can open it w/ the remote.
I didnt hook up the remote start yet, but i plan to. I really dont think it will be too difficult, but I dont know a good way to make sure it wont try to start if its left in gear.
Anyone know if there is any sensor that detects this?

formeRiceR
12-31-2003, 10:57 PM
pics and a install write-up would be SUPER...:bow:

actually was tinking about putting in a alarm for the S14, but kinda wanted a pro to put it in...Cdigity how about a 240sxONE brotherly discount..:bowdown: (NiS14)

Bryson
02-13-2004, 12:50 AM
cdigity... are you saying there is an adapter that can be used to prevent it from starting in gear?? I really like this alarm for the features/price and I've read a good review on it... but I don't want to wreck it.. I NEVER leave it in gear so if it works normally as long as your not in gear then its fine, but if there is an adapter I'd get it just for the time someone else puts in gear because SURELY I wouldn't

Jeff240sx
02-13-2004, 12:55 AM
you might say you'll never leave your car
in gear, but believe me, at some point, someone or you will
leave it in gear. then you'll get to chase it down the street,
or watch it start right into a wall or another car.

I'll never leave my car in gear.. nor will anyone with a KA-T/SR20 :)
-Jeff

DuffMan
02-13-2004, 12:59 AM
I'll never leave my car in gear.. nor will anyone with a KA-T/SR20 :)
-Jeff

:confused: why not?

Johny5
02-13-2004, 10:07 AM
turbo timer keeps the car on. leave it in gear and that would kill it when you get off the clutch.

DuffMan
02-13-2004, 12:49 PM
Turbo timers are hella gay. Especially if you have a water cooled turbo in which case they are completely unneccessary.

Var
02-13-2004, 01:19 PM
Turbo timers are hella gay. Especially if you have a water cooled turbo in which case they are completely unneccessary.

hmmmm. 90% of turbos ppl use are oil cooled, or combo.